forty four ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

Once I'd put some clothes on, I swiftly made my way to the infirmary. I was getting glares from all the maids in the house, and Loke wouldn't even look at me.

You know, I'm in one of those moods where I could punch someone, and I have a funny feeling it may be Sting.

I knocked on the door to the infirmary.
"Come in." An angry voice answered bluntly. I opened the door slowly, peeking my head through just to check.

He's lying on the bed; Natsu must've beat him up real bad.

"H-how are you?" I asked, walking in and closing the door, leaning on it to stay as far away as possible.
"Like you care..." He huffed.

"Why did you want me to come here?" I asked. "You clearly don't want to even look at me."
"We need to talk..." Sting began.
"Well I'm all ears." I snapped, folding my arms.

"About Natsu." He finished his sentence, and there was a silence.
"What about him." I huffed, still in a mood.
"Why is he here?" Sting questioned. "And more importantly, why is he with you?"

"Natsu's my dragon and we have a very special bond tha-"
"Cut the crap Lucy." Sting interrupted. "Tell me the real reason."
"Fine. You wanna know!?" I yelled.

"He's here because he loves me, and I love him."

There was another, longer silence.

"S-shut u-up..." He stuttered. "Y-you're l-lying to me."
"No. No I'm not." I stated boldly.
"YES YOU ARE!" Sting cried, looking up at me.

H-he was...... crying!??

"Y-you d-don't love Natsu, you love me!" Sting cried out. "You and me were meant to be ever since we were little kids! Everyone in school said we'd be the perfect couple, and even our parents were happy with our marriage!"

I stared at him in shock. Is this how he felt!?

"We're married, Lucy..." He sighed, tears streaming down his pale, bruised face. "Why did you marry me if you didn't love me!?"

Say it. Say it all now.

"You want to know why I married you!?" I yelled. "Because I was forced to. I hated it when we went around school together because you were to possessive and I never felt independent."

I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks. I took a deep breath, but then continued.

"Just because we've known each other since we were little, doesn't make us the perfect couple." I lowered my voice. "You need to stop lying to yourself Sting....

"You don't love me, and I certainly don't love you."

I turned around to avoid his stare. I was on the verge of breaking. I need to leave. Now. The door handle. Get it. Reach for it.

"If you leave now..." Sting threatened.
"What!" I yelled, my hand tightening around the handle.
"I-I'll... I'll...." He couldn't think.
"Goodbye Sti-" He interrupted me.

"I'll kill Natsu."

There was a pause.

"You wouldn't dare."
"Try me." He retorted.

There's no way. Sting was normally good with words, but he's weak hearted and couldn't kill anyone. Not even for me.

There's no way he would.

So I walked out.

Word Count- 537