thirty nine ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

I was sat next to Sting in a carriage which was taking us to Sting's mansion. Apparently, it wasn't the Eucliffe mansion I'd seen before, but one built especially for Sting. We sat on opposite sides and stared out the window, admiring the countryside.

"Look at all this land..." Sting began. "And it all belongs to us."
"All of it!?" I exclaimed.
"Yeah, the Eucliffe estate is really big, you know." He smiled.

Sting then reached out and grabbed my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine.

This doesn't feel right.

"Just think of all the things we can do in such a vast area." He smiled. "We could go horse riding, go for long walks....." At this point I'd zoned out and was looking out the window again.

I miss him.

He said he'd always be there, so where is he?

"Lucy?" Sting asked. "Are you alright?"
"Y-yeah," I sighed. "I'm alright."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

We got to the mansion and I was let out the carriage. My dress was really heavy, and it was really hard to walk.

I ambled inside and gawked at the beautiful hall: the crystal chandelier; the huge staircase; the dainty furniture and the sheer size of the place.

"It's amazing," I smiled. "I love it."
"It's a good thing you do." Sting walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I felt his hot breath tickle the back of my neck. "You'll be here for a while."

I didn't move. It doesn't feel right. I don't like it. I-

"Say, Lucy..." Sting began. "Your dress looks really uncomfortable." He then began to whisper in my ear seductively.

"Why don't you take it off?"

"T-t-that's a g-good idea!" I half-yelled, stepping away from him. "As soon as all my clothes are unpacked I'll get changed!"

Sting stared at me for a moment, but then began to laugh.
"Oh, your so innocent." He smiled, then he turned to face the door. "That's what I love about you, your innocence."

That was a close one.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

The after party was held at our very own mansion. All mine and Sting's friends had been invited, along with all my mother's and Mrs. Eucliffe's friends, and we were all sat in the dining hall. It was filled with laughter and joy, and it seemed I was the only one who wasn't tipsy in the slightest.

Since we were 16, we were allowed to have alcohol. It was my first time drinking it, so I didn't have that much, but Sting....

He looked drunk.

"Levy." I looked to my right to see Levy eyeing up Gajeel.
"Levy!?" I yelled. She turned to face me, her cheeks rosy pink and a cheeky smirk on her face.

"What's up *hic* Lu-chan?" She giggled.
"I'm going to my room, I'm not feeling too good." I sighed.
"Aww, *hic* Lu-chan!" Levy whined. "You're going to *hic* leave your hus- *hic* husband here by himself?"

Please don't call him that.

"He's not by himself." I reassured her. "Everyone else is here."
"But you know you'll *hic* have to be awake for the ceremony, *hic* right?" I gulped loudly.
"Yeah, I know." I sighed.

The ceremony is what takes place before the man and the woman go to bed. The priest comes in and blesses the bed, wishing for fertility and love between husband and wife.

Then normally, the man and the woman take off their clothes in front of each other and admire the others body, but I asked my mother if we could skip that part, since it's not compulsory, and I used the 'but we're only young!' trick.

And then you get into bed, the priest leaves, and....

Once again, I gulped.
I don't want to do that.
I can't do that.

He'll find out.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I was in my room, and had been in there for an hour or so. I was dressed in my white night gown, and I'd taken my hair out and let it fall down my back. I'd cleaned my face, washed my hands and sprayed perfume to make everywhere smell nice.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of men laughing, and loud footsteps.

They were coming.

The door opened, and in flooded the priest, Sting, and our friends. Our mothers followed behind them, smiles on their faces.

Maybe he'll be too drunk and won't want to.

I saw Gray, Gajeel & Jellal messing around with Sting, telling him that "he's got this" and saying some things I don't think I should hear. On the other side I saw Levy, Juvia and Erza wishing me luck.

(A/N): I apologise to anyone Christian/Catholic out there, I'm not religious, so I don't know much about any of it. If I get anything wrong I'm very sorry.

The priest stood me and Sting on opposite sides of the bed. He read a passage from the bible (I think) and then blessed the bed with his holy water.

"In the name of God, I wish your marriage to be fruitful and prosperous." He said, and everyone clapped.

Then they left us. Alone.

"So..." Sting said. We were still stood either side of the bed, not knowing what to do.

"Well," I laughed awkwardly, swiftly climbing into bed and tucking myself in. "Goodnight. I'll see you in the morning."

Sting sighed, then sat down on the bed.
"You know what we have to do, right?" He asked, turning to face me. I looked at him, then nodded.
"I understand that you don't want to," He sighed. "But you know what'll happen if we don't."

My mother told me that when a girl looses her virginity, she bleeds like she's on her period. In the morning, they check the bedsheets, and if there's no blood, we'll be cursed. I'd be called a whore and Sting would be looked down on.

(A/N): just thought I'd clarify that this is not always true. It's a myth they used to believe in olden days.

I swear, I must be cursed.

"We don't really have a choice.." Sting sighed, but then he got closer. "Besides, you look beautiful."

He had crawled on top of me, a smirk on his face.
"S-Sting, d-don't..." I stuttered. He put his finger to my lip and leant in close.
"You don't get a choice, Lucy." He smirked. "We have to."

"It won't make a difference!" I yelled. He looked at me, confused.
"What do you mean by that?" He asked.
"There's no point." I mumbled, turning away. "We're cursed."

Sting was still looking confused.
"What are you-" But then it clicked. He knows. His facial expression changed from confused, to shocked, to angry.

"I can't believe it." He said to himself in disbelief. Then he looked up at me, a look of sheer anger in his eyes.

"You're not a virgin, are you?"

Word Count- 1131