Chapter 11 - Water War

I looked to Bailey on my left, and then to Jack on my right. I tightened my grip on both of their hands, as all of us stood anxiously.

"On three?" Jack suggested.

"NO!" I immediately denied, which made him smirk.

"Okay, okay. Four then."

I nodded in approval. "Sounds good."

"Why not-" Charlie started but then Jack cut him off.

"She despises odd numbers for some unknown reason," he said with a teasing eye roll.

"Enough with the chit-chat guys! I'm desperate to get into the water!" Bailey whined.

"One, two, three, JUMP!" Jack exclaimed and, for only a split second, time stopped as I was mid-air. My mind captured the moment to make sure it would be everlasting.

Splash! The cool water enveloped me and cooled me off immediately as I hit it. I lifted my head to the surface to breathe. The lake was swarming with chattering campers all having so much fun and being relieved of the unbearable heat.

"Phewph!" Jack exclaimed, emerging from the water and using a hand to slick his hair back.

"Hey Jack?" I said.

"Yeah Summer?" he responded.

"You said we'd jump on four..."

"Um- yeah... About that..." he stuttered.

I didn't give him time to finish. I ducked my hands underwater and forcefully threw some at him.

"You know how I feel about about odd numbers!" I squealed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" he said hastily.

I gave an evil smirk and Jack clumsily tried to run from me. I went after him, splashing him continuously. I laughed and enjoyed doing so.

"Okay! You've made yourself very clear now,"

I stopped for a moment, breathing heavily and Jack and I chuckled.

"My turn!" He yelled, splashing back at me.

"Uh!" I said in discomfort. He laughed deviously.

"Guys, would you quit being childish already?" Came Macy's retort as she stood waist-deep in the water with her arms folded. Jack and I looked at each other. That one look spoke a thousand words and we both understood - we were thinking the same thing.

"Water war!" He yelled and simultaneously we chucked water at Macy.

She had a disgusted look on her face, and glared at the two of us. "Oh, you are so on. Bailey, Charlie, get on my side!"

And war commenced. Water flew everywhere. Laughter filled the air. People stared, but nothing stopped or bothered us. We were having so, so much fun. I even paused for a second to capture the moment, to take it all in. I finally had friends and I was enjoying this camp. Who knew?

****

I ran my fingers through my wet hair before drying it off with my towel again. I then flicked it back.

"Ugh!" came an exasperated groan.

I turned in one quick motion and bit the insides of my cheeks to hold in my laughter as I faced a very disgruntled Bailey. "Sorry, I didn't mean to whack you in the face. My bad," I apologized and shot her a wink. "I'll be more careful next time. Promise."

"You better." She warned, letting a teasing exhale escape her nose.

"So Summer," Charlie turned to approach me. "What's next?"

A smirk formed on my lips as I thought about our next step of the plan to get back at Samantha for tormenting me.

______________________________________________
Hi to the people who have not given up on my story!

I'm so sorry I took SO long to update this, but I will not discontinue it. And behold; here is Chapter 11! Apologies that it's much shorter than my usual chapters, at 554 words. I just really wanted to get another one out as soon as possible. Ish.

Thanks for waiting.
Much love!
xoxo, Megs