Chapter 6 - Be My Inspiration

I quickly slipped on a grey muscle tee, black shorts and sneakers and went back outside to find Jack again. I ran to his cabin.

"How does a photoshoot sound?" I asked him, out of breath.

"Okay, um, sure!" He agreed, overwhelmed by what I just blurted out so suddenly.

"Great," I said.

"Is this good enough?" He looked down at this clothes.

I thought for a moment. "Think you just need a crisp shirt,"

He nodded and I waited outside his cabin to give him sometime to change into a new shirt. It was only a short while before he popped out again wearing a red, three quarter-sleeve shirt. The red looked so good on him.

"Let's go!" I pulled him by his arm and led him to the are in the forest with the boulder.

"Sit on the boulder," I instructed him. He nodded and followed through.

I snapped two photos of him. "Awesome!"

"What now?" He asked.

Now, lean against that tree and rake your fingers through your hair," I said. Jack did so and I took another two photos.

I looked around for more ideas to come to me and, as if on cue, I spotted a beautiful wild flower, white in colour.

"Here - hold this as if you were sniffing it and put your other hand in your pocket." He pulled a stupid face and I captured the photo.

"Hey! I wasn't ready!" I laughed so hard not only at how he looked on the picture, but also how he was acting like a girl.

"You shouldn't have done that if you didn't want it to be in a photo," I replied sarcastically. Jack just rolled his eyes.

"Okay, now seriously." Once he was in position, I peered through the camera and managed to put the focus on him, making the background appear blurry. I took the last picture.

"You have to see this one," I said, proud of my work. Jack walked over to look.

"Wow, you're good!" He said, admiring the photo.

"Thanks. I used to take classes," I stated.

"Well it really paid off," he said with a small smile.

"That's that." I finished.

"Now it's my turn," Jack said.

"What?" I asked, a little puzzled.

"I'm the boss now!" He said with a chuckle. I handed him the camera after putting it back into the camera mode and mocked a reluctant agreement.

"Okay, boss. Lead the way," I said as to play along.

"Turn your back to me and look over your shoulder," I did as I was told and heard the clicking of the camera as Jack took the photo.

"Great. Now turn to me and look up," I did exactly that and waited for the next instruction.

Instead, he walked to the flower and picked it up. He faced me, pushed some hair out of my face and tucked the flower in behind my ear. He was so close. For a swift moment, we stared into each other's eyes. Jack was first to look away again. He walked back to his position to take the next photo.

"Look straight at me and don't laugh or smile." As he said that, I laughed. And as I laughed, he snapped a quick photo.

"Hey!" I yelled.

He just laughed and said, "That was supposed to happen - you know, reverse psychology."

"Oh," I answered and laughed at my own overreaction.

"Now try to be serious; I'm taking a close up." He ordered. I did my best to hold in my giggles while he took the picture.

"Perfect!" Jack exclaimed.

"There's one more thing we need to do," I said, walking over to him.

"And what might that be?" He asked.

I put my arm around him and pointed the lenses to face us. "Say cheese!" I captured our selfie and we looked at it together.

"This one is definitely my favourite," said Jack. I smiled to myself at his little comment.

After that, we walked silently out of the forest again and Jacked walked me to my cabin. By that time, it was about 5 p.m. Even though I had had a long day, it still felt much too short. The time really flew here.

Once we reached my cabin he said goodbye and walked off to his. He turned to look back at me, smiled and continued. I entered through the door to find everyone there.

"Where have you been?" Charlie asked. I didn't answer. I sat down on my bed and my phone bleeped. It was a text from my mom:

Hi sweetie, hope you're having fun. Miss you!

I replied, the text reading:

Yes, I actually am having more fun than I expected. Miss you too :) send my love to Dad xx

I looked at that text after sending it and thought back to when I arrived here, at Summer Adventurer's Camp three days ago.

I couldn't wait to go home.

But now, I wanted nothing more than to stay.

_______________________________________________________
A/N

Hey! Sorry this is a kind of short chapter, I just wanted to make it a quick gap from the previous update to this one. I hate making you guys wait! Anyway, hope you liked it. Summer and Jack are too cute! If they dated, what do you think their ship name would be?
Vote, comment, follow xx

Until next time!

xoxo, Megs