CHAPTER FIFTEEN-EVIL

"Emily died... And you didn't know a single thing about her. It was like I was a single mom. You don't get it. If Luke died... it would be your fault." Charlotte said. "Don't you dare bring up how 'I'm a bad dad' and that 'I'm never there for Luke'. Because I know that. I know I was a terrible father, but I'm trying my best now, ok? You just have to know I'm trying, Charlotte." I said to her. Charlotte opened her mouth but then Luke started coughing. I stood up and walked closer to Luke. "Luke, it's ok now." Charlotte said in a calming voice to him. "...Dad?" Luke said in between coughs. "I'm here now, Luke." I said as I got on the ground next to the bed. Charlotte looked surprised that Luke said 'dad' instead of saying 'mom'.

"You were always here..." Luke said as he opened his eyes. "Honey, how do you feel?" Charlotte asked Luke. "I'm fine..." Luke replied. "I was so worried about you..." Charlotte said to Luke. I wanted to tell Luke how scared I was for him, but I didn't want to make Charlotte more pissed off. "Did we get away 'Joe'?" Luke asked. I laughed a little. "If that's what you wanna think, go ahead." I said to him. I wasn't going to explain what happened while he was out of it just yet. I figured he needed to rest. "Just go back to sleep..." Charlotte said. "Ok..." Luke said to her. Charlotte kissed his forehead and walked out of the room. "Luke, I'm so proud of you." I said to him. "Wait ... what?" Luke asked. "Is mom ok?..." Luke asked. "...She's fine..." I said. "Let me guess... She's with Izzy right now?..." Luke asked me. I didn't want to tell him that Charlotte was probably going back to Izzy. "...No, she's not..." I lied to him. "She is." Luke said. I looked at him. "...Yeah...She is..." I said."...Dad, I forgive you... For not being there..." Luke said to me. "You really do?" I asked him. "I've just noticed... You're there for me... Mom isn't..." Luke said. "...She is there for you... She's just going through a hard time right now..." I said. I didn't want him to hate his mom.

"She just wants to be with Izzy... Izzy isn't even her kid..." Luke said to me. "Luke, stop... Your mom loves you..." I said. I feel like Luke could sense that I was lying. "...I just wish this never happened..." Luke said to me. That was when I realized that if the apocalypse never happened, I would never have gotten to be their for Luke. "...We all wish this didn't happen, but we just have to deal with it..." I said to him. "I know..." Luke said to me. Mackenzie walked in the room. "Oh you're up, how are you feeling?" Mackenzie asked Luke. "Good... I think..." Luke said to her. "Ok, you were out of it for nearly 3 hours." Mackenzie told him. "Wow, I was?" Luke asked. "I don't remember a thing..." Luke said.

"Is your kid ok?" Izzy asked Charlotte as Charlotte brushed her hair. "He's fine..." Charlotte said. "...He was shot, shouldn't you be with him?" Izzy asked. "I was just with him..." Charlotte told her. "Oh...ok" Izzy replied. Izzy held up the stuffed bear and hugged it. Charlotte stopped brushing her hair and watched as Izzy played with the bear. Izzy stood up and turned around. "I think I'm gonna go with Hailey and Mackenzie." Izzy said. "...Oh, ok..." Charlotte said. Charlotte was shocked that Izzy was asking to go be with other people. Was Izzy getting tired of Charlotte?

Izzy started to walk out of the room and back into the main room. "Hey, where is Jackson?" Julia asked. "Don't know and don't care!" Hailey said. Julia laughed a little. "I'm gonna go check on him." Brandon said. Brandon walked up into the control room. Jackson was standing with his back facing the doorway. "What have you been doing up here?" Brandon asked Jackson. "None of your business." Jackson said. "Really, what have you been doing?" Brandon asked again. "I found these old walkie talkies, I think I might have found another group." Jackson said. "Another group?" Brandon said. "Yeah... I have been talking to one of their group members, their name is Dajuan. Can you believe that? Who names their kid 'Dajaun'?" Jackson asked. "I don't know, sure is a dumb name though." Brandon said laughing a little.

"Maybe we could join them, or they could join us." Jackson said. "Nope, from what I know, that Joe person's group is joining us. I have no idea how many people are in the group either. So I'm guessing we are full." Brandon said to Jackson. "Hey, this place was made to help people. So why don't we help people?" Jackson said. "We are....This isn't my decision, so don't ask me." Brandon said. "Ok, ok." Jackson said. Brandon started to walk out of the room but then stopped. "Be careful about what you tell them...We don't know them..." Brandon said to Jackson. "What do you think I am? Evil? I'm not gonna tell them anything!" Jackson said laughing a little. "Ok..." Brandon said as he walked out of the room.