CHAPTER SEVEN- IN FACT I DO

I woke up the next morning and saw Charlotte standing by Becky's desk sorting food, as usual. "We are gonna start working on turning this into a safe place today." Becky said. "I think we should find some wood to build a fence around the outside of the department." John said. "That sounds good to me, but where are you gonna get all that wood?" Becky asked. "When Aaron and I were driving around yesterday, I think I saw a Home Depot. So I thought, why not take all the shit, and make this place safe." John said. Becky laughed. "Ok, I'll go with you." Becky said smiling. John smiled back at her. Luke walked past them with a disturbed face and rolled his eyes.

John and Becky left the department, so it was just me and the rest of the group. "Just let me out of here already!" Jackson said. "What makes you think that they would let you out?" Mackenzie said to Jackson. "I can help you guys, I can show you things that you would never have known before." Jackson said. "What can a stupid redneck who lived in the middle of the woods teach us?" Brandon said to Jackson. "I can show you all how to use an ax." Jackson said to us. "We don't need your help, Jackson." I said.
"Gosh, I thought you guys said you would let me out." Jackson said. "I've been in this 'cage' for nearly a whole week! Are you ever gonna let me out?" Jackson said sounding really irritated. "You would get out of that 'cage' a whole lot quicker if you didn't complain about it." I said to Jackson. "You guys are missing out! I knew how to shoot when I was 10 years old, I know more than any of you do!" Jackson said walking back and forth while his shoes scraped against the ground. I looked at him. "Do you really have to make that noise every time you walk?" I asked him. "Yeah, infact I do." Jackson replied.

I rolled my eyes as I heard Jackson's shoes scrape across the floor. "What can I do to make you trust me?" Jackson said as he stopped walking and looked at me. I looked up at him. "Fine..." I said and walked out of the room. We couldn't just let Jackson live the rest of his live in that jail cell. We're going to eventually have to see if Jackson can really be trusted.

"Hey, Becky, I think it's time." I said to Becky. "Time for what?" Becky replied. "Time to let him out..." I said to Becky. "You really think its time...?" Becky said. "I think it's time." I said. "...Ok." Becky said. Becky started walking inside and I saw her pull out a bunch of keys on a keychain. I looked over to see Charlotte standing by Izzy. Charlotte turned around and looked at me a little. I smiled at her but she just looked away from me. What did I do Charlotte?

"If you try anything, anything at all, I won't hesitate." Becky said as she pulled her gun out and started to unlock the jail cell. "Geez, thanks. I won't." Jackson said to Becky. "... You all got any axes...chainsaws?" Jackson asked Becky. "Why the hell do you need a chainsaw?" Becky asked. "Oh, I was just wondering... That's all..." Jackson said as he started to walk outside for the first time. Becky heard his shoes scrape against the floor as he walked out of the main room. I guess Jackson wasn't lying when he said he could show us how to use a chainsaw.

I walked over to the rest of the group. "Why the hell is he out?" Julia said quietly. I turned around to see Jackson headed straight towards us. "What's up guys?" Jackson asked as he put his arm on Hailey's shoulder. "Jackson, what are you doing?..." Hailey asked him as she slid away from him. "This dumbass decided to let me out." Jackson said to his old group. "Thanks again." Jackson said to me with a laugh. "... No problem..." I said. I knew I couldn't trust Jackson. But we had to let him out at some point. We had to at least give him a chance.