CHAPTER FIVE- DOLLHOUSE

"You know, you guys should really let me out." Jackson said as held stood up against the cell's wall. "And why on earth would we do that?" Becky said as she rolled her eyes at Jackson. Everyone was hanging out in the main room. Mackenzie was sitting next to Julia and checking out her arm. Izzy was running around the room with her new bear. Charlotte was sorting food and supplies over by Becky's desk. "You would let me out because I have proved I'm not dangerous." Jackson said trying to convince Becky into letting him out. "Oh shut up! I'm tired of hearing you crappy little voice." Becky said to Jackson. Jackson just walked around his cell some more and smiled. Izzy stopped and looked at Jackson through the cell. "...What do you want, kid?" Jackson said to Izzy sounding pissed off that she was looking at him. Izzy clearly didn't know what to say, so instead of responding to Jackson, she ran over to Charlotte and hugged Charlotte's legs.

"Y'all are cute." Jackson said in a sarcastic voice. Charlotte looked up at Jackson with a 'what are you talking about' face. "You seriously think that you're gonna be able to play doll house during the apocalypse." Jackson said to Charlotte. "What are you trying to say, Jackson?" Becky said. "Gosh you guys don't get it, this world isn't safe! In just a few years I bet all of you will be dead." Jackson said rolling his eyes and walking around his cell. "...Uh ok then, that's what you think. But I think there is gonna be a cure to all this, there has to be." Becky said. Jackson laughed. "You really think there's gonna be a cure! You guys are that stupid!" Jackson said. "Shut your mouth!" Becky said. "Guys! Just shut up, stop fighting. It's really annoying..." Hailey said.

"There ain't ever gonna be a cure..." Jackson mumbled under his breath. Becky rolled her eyes at that. Luke looked out the window at the sky getting darker. "Shouldn't they be back by now? It's been almost 4 hours since they left..." Luke said. Charlotte just stood there and continued sorting food in silence. "Mom... don't you care?" Luke asked Charlotte. "Of course I do... Why would you think that?..." Charlotte answered. "...Oh ok..." Luke responded. Charlotte sat down in a chair and motioned for Izzy to come over. Izzy ran over to Charlotte and Charlotte started brushing her hair. "If they don't come back in the next 2 hours... I'm gonna find them." Becky said.

Charlotte continued brushing Izzy's hair as Izzy held the bear. Becky looked over at them like 'this is a little unnecessary'. "... You all wanna go outside and practice some more shooting?" Becky asked everyone. "Yeah." Luke said. Most of the group went outside but Charlotte stayed inside with Izzy and continued to brush her hair. Izzy waited for everyone to walk out of the room. "Are guns bad?" Izzy asked. "... They aren't bad..." Charlotte responded. "Then why don't you take the time to learn how to shoot?" Izzy asked. "I just don't have time, Izzy... I can shoot a little..." Charlotte responded. "Can I learn how to shoot?" Izzy asked. Jackson looked over at them. Charlotte was shocked that Izzy would even ask such a thing. Shooting guns was not for 8 year old girls.

"No... We can protect you Izzy..." Charlotte said trying to sound serious. "But.. you let your other kid shoot... Why not me?" Izzy asked. "Emily I don't want you shooting!" Charlotte yelled a little. "... Who's Emily?..." Izzy asked. Jackson looked over at Charlotte like she was crazy, then he started walking back and forth again like he always did. The sound of shoes started getting on Charlotte's nerves. Charlotte just stood up and walked out of the room without answering Izzy.

"It's looking a lot better I would say!" Mackenzie said as she looked at Julia's arm. "Really?" Julia asked. "I never took any medical classes, but it looks better than it used to." Hailey said laughing a little. Julia smiled. "I thought you all were gonna cut it off in my sleep or something." Julia said laughing. Mackenzie laughed at that. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I was just trying to think of what was best for you." Mackenzie said to Julia. "It's getting dark... and fast." Becky said as she looked at the view they had of the city streets in front of them. "I'm starting to think that maybe we should go try to find them..." Becky said. Just then Charlotte walked in. "But we don't have a car or anything!" Charlotte said.

"If you were stuck out there, you would want someone to try to find you..." Becky said to Charlotte. Becky walked inside the FBI department again and started getting ready to go. Charlotte walked over to Luke. "...Mom, what are you doing? This is dad... We can't just leave him out there..." Luke said to Charlotte. "... You're dad was never there for you, he never even cared about you or Emily..." Charlotte said. "...What the hell mom..." Luke said to Charlotte and then started walking inside.