26| ''It was him''

Mulai dari awal

Had we been so blind this entire time? About everyone?

Suspicions around the Lounge arose, and as Vincent made a slow recovery, Jett tried to dig up more of his past. Lady Eluen had detected a small trace of Villow on him - a faerie herb that changed one's memories and caused memory gaps.

I had opened up about the white haired doctor I'd once seen, after the first time I'd managed to see Jett's memories - the death of Daniel. Was that the doctor Mason Pixie talked about?

As Jett fell asleep after all the exertion of trying to regain the foggy part of his memory, I slipped from his room after planting a soft kiss on his forehead.

'How is he doing?'

The sudden voice that spoke right after I closed the door made me jump.

Jaixon leaned up against the wall, his arms crossed - an Adonis dressed in black and muted greys.

'He's doing fine,' I answered, flashing a soft smile, 'What can I help you with?'

Piercing blue eyes scanned my figure and I suppressed the shiver that came with his gaze. My friends had warned me about Jaixon - a half bred incubus with dark fae blood. It explained his need for women and Jett had made me promise that I was not to stay in close proximity to the man alone for a long period of time.

'I'm thinking of finding Nathaniel,' he answered, making me freeze with my hand on the door knob, 'If we ask him directly, we might be able to find out some more about Jett's condition'.

Prying my own fingers loose from the knob mechanically I turned towards him, 'I don't know if I like that idea'.

'Truthfully,' he grinned, flashing sharp white canines, sending another sharp shiver down my spine, 'it's not about you. Eluen has already written urgent letters to the Council about your uncle as well as Cobalt. She detailed everything that you and your friends have experienced. If we don't solve it now, it'll drag on. The Council does not care much for us that merge with the Human Realm'.

He spoke disdainfully, as if being human was an insult and my anger bristled, 'Well, I'm sorry that you have to deal with us humans'.

'You're not human,' he snorted, making me look at him, 'You're part of the Mythical Realm just as much as we are'.

'W-What are you saying?' I stammered, 'My father was human, and my mother had powers. Other than that-'

'Your mother didn't just have powers,' he commented, lifting one well groomed brow, 'You come from a family that holds the greatest power of healing blood in the Mythical Realm. You hold the power of granting life or taking it,' he straightened up from the wall, his hands falling to his sides, 'You're higher than the Elrioud, Keira van der Laine'.

I stared at him, my muscles shaking in disbelief, 'I-I can't do anything. I couldn't save Sorcha... and I couldn't save my parents. My mother was perhaps strong but my father was a human'.

'The Mythical beings are scarce in this day and age,' Jaixon murmured, looking towards Jett's door before those enchanting eyes swung back to me, 'Only extremely weak mythical beings have half-bred children. If I or even Roran would mate with a human... our children would belong to our Realm'.

'So-'

'So,' he interrupted, his eyes boring into mine, 'you're not human'.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

In the end, it was decided that Roran and Jaixon would track down Nathaniel. The less people we had on the road, the less suspicious others would be of us.