Chapter 31

Please check out my new Jariana story "Autumn's Concerto", and my other Jariana stories as well. Your read would mean a lot to me. :)

Paul's POV

We had an urgent meeting with the crew and NBC as I was informed by my secretary.

I knew things are not going well this season. I already kinda knew what's going to happen soon.

"What do you think about this urgent meeting for?", Steven questioned me while taking a seat beside me in the meeting room of NBC since he's one of the shareholders of The Voice as well.

I sighed and smirked to him "I don't care anymore. I guess you are right. This show is for talent, not all about money. I had already made up my mind, I don't care what's going to happen soon.".

He nodded and patted my back "Dude, at least we still have each other.".

"So, today we have a superb urgent meeting for a huge announcement.", the head of NBC reported.

All of the shareholders sitting next to each other, but remained silent as all of us had already kinda knew what's going to go down.

The atmosphere in the room is tensed and stressful.

The head of NBC sighed and locked his eye contact with me "I am sorry, Steven. You'd done your best but we had lost the battle on court.".

I closed my eyes and convince myself to accept the truth as I knew this is going to happen anytime. It happened just as I predicted.

I nodded and sighed "It's okay. I should've known this.".

He felt so sorry to me and added "I am sorry about this, pal.".

Steven came up with a question to him "So, what kind of punishment are we going to face? Money? Penalty?".

He shook his head and clarified "We had to cancel the show.".

"What? Why? We can pay then if they want. It's unnecessary to cancel our show.", one of the shareholders was shocked at the final result.

The lawyer who stood beside the head of NBC calmed him down "Sir, don't worry. We are not cancelled but just taking a break for probably a year or two.".

Lots of arguments started attacking the lawyer but that's pointless because we will never defeat law. Law is always right.

"I know this is because of Ariana and Justin. They both caused us problem and they should leave the show.", one of them stated.

The head of NBC rubbed his eyes and groaned "I know. But they didn't because of Paul. You guys are not the only one who loose money, NBC too.".

Suddenly, everyone turned their vision back on me after the head of NBC tried to push the blame and responsibility on me.

I stood up and apologized to them "I am sorry. I admit that I have to take the responsibility of this situation. I am the one to be blamed. I am sorry for letting this happen by not forcing Justin and Ariana leave the show.".

I elaborated and told them honestly "But in the other word, I don't think so I should apologize for what had I done. I don't think so I am doing anything wrong. Yes, I did hate both of them so much, I tried everything to disqualify Ariana but I was so wrong.".