Chapter 3

Sapphire eyes gazed loving at the blond child walking beside her. Nanami and Minato were on their way to get some BBQ. It was Minato's favorite even to Nanami displeasure, she wanted to see her child smile.

"Minato, it's anything wrong?" Nanami looked down at her son. He had been surprisingly quiet ever since he had saw Nanami's display of strength. Minato looked up at his mother.

"Mum, What's your maiden name?" The question shock Nanami. 'Why? Why is he asking me this? Did he remember something' Nanami thought to herself puzzled. "Why?"

Minato sighed. "Because, I just remember something at the academy... There was a girl called Uzumaki Kushina. S-she looked a lot like you. Sensei told us that the Uzumaki's were a powerful clan because of their Fūinjutsu. Then you said you were a Fūinjutsu master, adding your red hair..."

Nanami sighed. She knew one day Minato would ask her, she just didn't expect him to ask her this early. "Uzumaki, I was formerly known as Nanami Uzumaki. I was from the Royal line, a full blooded Uzumaki. You see the Uzumaki's were split into three groups. Royal, Noble, Knights. The Royal line had special Chakra that happen to have many secrets, like bloodlines. The noble had small bloodlines, then the Knight's were exceptional close combat fighters."

Nanami gave Minato a small smile. "you don't have any of the bloodlines sadly... But I think you got one from your father's side. But I won't know till you grow up." Minato looked upset at first. But smiled at the thought at having something from his fathers side.

"Thank mum, you always know just what to say to make me feel better!" Minato gleamed. Next year when you turn nine, I'll start teaching you Shinobi arts. For now learn everything you can from the academy" Nanami instructed her son.

A sudden thought came to Nanami. "Minato, do you think I'll be able to meet Kushina? I want to see which type of Uzumaki she is." Minato looked at his mother then turned away. "She's probably at the ramen shop"

Nanami frowned, but didn't ask.

XXX

Nanami, and Minato had just came out of the BBQ place. Whatever was bothering Minato was gone. "Hey Mina-chan, ya think we could go to the Ramen shop?"

Minato looked at up to see his mother's puppy eyes. He sighed and nodded. He couldn't say no to Nanami's puppy eyes for some strange reason.

"Yay! Off we go!" Nanami cheered, lifting Minato upon her shoulders. Minato noticed a few kids glaring at him with envy. 'Was it because the orphan turned out to have a really cool mum? Yeah that was probably the reason.'

Minato was cut from his thoughts when Nanami shouted. "We're here!" Minato jumped off his mother's shoulders as Nanami ran into the small shop. "Jeez! Ka-san!(Mum)" Minato sighed chasing after her.

XXX

"Oka-San?(Mother) is that you? Where were you all this time!" Kushina cried out, charging towards Nanami.

Nanami almost fell back by the force. Luckily she was already standing steady when the little girl and hugged her.

"Gomen(I'm sorry), but I'm not your mother..." Nanami frowned. Kushina looked up at Nanami. "Then are you at least a Uzumaki?" She asked violet eyes stared right through her. Nanami nodded at the girl, but then sighed. "My name is Namikaze Nanami, formerly known as Uzumaki Nanami"

Kushina looked down. "So I'm not the last Uzumaki?" Nanami looked at the girl with something closed to pity, but not quite. "No there are a small group of Uzumakis still alive. Some changing their names.

Kushina looked down at the ground. "Oh... What type of Uzumaki are you?" She asked Nanami. The said woman looked up. "Royal... And I'm guessing your one as well" Nanami smiled.

Kushina nodded her head excited. "Wait, if your a Royal, then why haven't I seen you before." Kushina asked. Nanami frowned looking towards her son who had been surprisingly silent.

"I met a man and had a beautiful child." Was all she said before walking away from Kushina. Minato gasped in shock when his mother gave him a tight hug. Kushina got the idea. Nanami was the mother of her classmate.

"I'm sorry Kushina, but Minato and I must be leaving know. I hope we will see each other again. And with that Nanami was off. With an unwilling Minato sitting an her shoulders.

"Mum...what was that about?" Nanami looked at her son, sadnesses easily seen in her eyes. "A few months ago... My village was destroyed... I'll tell you more about it once you grow up, sweetie. Until then, ok?" Minato frowned, but hugged his mother's neck. "Okay"

Nobody had noticed the pair of Onyx eyes staring at mother, and child.