Chapter 15

Mae's POV:
I stared into I dark corner of my room while Eli's head rested on my shoulder. "I need a shower." "Okay." Eli scooted up against the headboard and turned on the TV. I grabbed my shorts and a t shirt from my dresser and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection. I looked like I got hit by a bus, I felt like it too. I unclothed myself and stepped into the shower. After doing my usual routine, I stepped out and wrapped myself in a light brown towel. I open the vanity drawer and looked at my razor, my wrist was itching for it. I slammed the drawer shut and sat hard on the floor, against the wall. No. No. No! Stop it! Now! Pull your fucking self together and deal with it! You can't fucking change anything! I started crying softly then it turned into a full on meltdown.

Eli's POV:
I stared blankly at the television, not really paying attention to what was happening. Gazing into a dark corner, I heard muffled cries coming from the bathroom. Mae! I sprang out of bed and ran to the door. The door was unlocked and I went in. Mae was in the floor, in her bath towel, crying. "Mae." I sat down on the floor and wrapped my arms and legs around her, lightly forcing her head into my shoulder, "Shh. Shh." Mae's towel had fallen to her waist, exposing her upper half. I pulled off another towel from the rack and wrapped it around her. "Mae, I know this sucks but please calm down." I took her hand and intertwined our fingers together. "It's okay." I knew there was no truth behind those words, nothing was okay. I knew why Mae was crying and I'm sad that she even thought about it but at least she didn't cut herself. I corrected myself to say something that I knew was true, "As long as we're together, we'll be okay."