Chapter 8:

Mae's POV:
I felt so comfortable being so close to Eli that I ended up wrapping my arms around him and kissing him. "Why do you love me, Eli?" "Because I feel complete when I'm with you and you're the only person that excepts me and I can be myself with you 100%. I wouldn't change a single thing about you. I just want you, because you're perfect in every way possible." "How am I supposed to compete with that?" "A simple I love you would do." "I love you." Eli put his hand on my neck and ran his thumb across my cheek as "Whatever It Takes" by Lifehouse started to play. "Mae, you're so beautiful, I just want you to know that." "I know, Eli I know." I put my hand on his and close my eyes. Eli picked me up and lied me down on the bed,"Stay there." I didn't know what he was doing but I obeyed. He sauntered out of my room then returned a minute later, holding a tube of Neosporin. Eli sat beside me and I was already laying down. He opened the tube and squeezed a small amount onto his finger. I closed my eyes and felt it as he rubbed the gel on my cuts. After he finish with my side he moved on to my wrist. "I'm sorry, Mae. I wish I could've helped." I opened my eyes only to be met with Eli's soft lips on mine. "I am sorry. No one should feel the pain you've felt." "It's my fault. I could've gotten help, but I didn't and I can't change that." "I know that, Mae. Just please tell me that you'll come to me when you feel like that. Because I will be there, don't ever doubt that."
     "Eli, you've spent your life looking after me. I don't think I've ever asked but are you okay?" "I'm fine, don't worry about me." "But I am worried. Now tell me are you okay?" He shook his head. Dammit, I should've known. I'm such a fucking self absorbed asshole. How could I do this to him? He's helped me my whole life taking care of me and talked me out of so many bad things when  he was the that's dying inside. "I'm sorry that I was so selfish that I didn't think of you. I will always try to make that up to you." "No, Mae. It's fine." "No it's not." I grabbed my phone and earbuds. "Follow You" by Bring Me The Horizon started playing and I handed Eli the other earbud after I kissed him.  "Hear, love." We both laid down beside each other and held hands.

A/N:
I really love writing this story. Please vote on it.
Ily all sm❤️