Chapter 3:

Mae's POV:
I relaxed my head on Eli's chest and breathed in his scent. The scent that was so familiar and dear to me. I loved how he never asked me if I was okay because if I was okay he wouldn't have to ask that question. He knew me, everything about me and I knew him. Eli gently sat me up.
"What do you want to do to today, Mae? I want to cheer you up. How about the beach?"
    "That sounds good." "Alright, when do you want to head out?" "Well I'll just put on a bathing suit and we can go." "I think we have to stop by my house though. I don't have a suit." "Okay."
    I threw the pop tart wrapper in the trash and went upstairs.
After I grabbed my black bikini and shorts I went to my bathroom and changed. Eli was sitting on my bed on his phone when I walked out of my ensuite bathroom.
   He looked over at me and smiled then his eyes fell to my wrist. Eli stood up and sat me on my bed then he sat down beside me. He gently turned my wrist and faced it toward himself. Eli lightly ran his thumb over the scars on my wrist. Some were still scabs.
"I thought you were getting better." "I was but... you don't understand." "I wish you didn't do this Mae, you're the most beautiful and strongest person I know. Please tell me you won't cut yourself again. Or at least try." "I promise."
I looked at him and he pulled me into his comforting embrace when he saw tears welling in my eyes. I curled up in Eli's arms and softly sobbed into his clean shirt. He lightly rubbed my arm and brushed my hair from my face.