Chapter 4:

Mae's POV:
I had caught my breath and was now resting, curled up in Eli's arms. I started to get up off the bed,"Where are you going?" "I'm going to change into a shirt, but do you still want to go to the beach?"
He shook his head and relief washed over me, I didn't really want to go anyway. After I changed into lounging shorts and my gray long sleeve shirt, I went back to my room. Eli was sitting up against the head board, watching Flip or Flop. He looked at me with an unreadable expression and went and laid on the bed beside him. I turned to my side and looked out my window, thinking.
    "Mae?" "Yeah?" I sat up, faced him and crossed my legs. He studied me for a moment then grasped my hands in his,"I need to know this, Mae. Are you okay?" "I'm fine, I promise." "Can I believe you this time?" "Yes." "I can't stand it when you hurt yourself like that, I don't think you realize how much I care about you. I can stop other people from hurting you, but Mae, I can save you from what you do to yourself." "I know and I'm going to stop, just please don't leave me." "I won't, I'll always be here...for you." "Thank you."
I could feel the tears coming back to my eyes and I felt the salty water roll down my cheek.
Eli lifted my head and wiped a tear from my face with his thumb. "It's gonna be okay I'm here, I'm here.
He pulled me close to his side and held me with the soft sound of the tv in the background.

A/N: Sorry this book is so shitty:/