Chapter 7:

Eli's POV:
I truly meant all the things that I said to Mae, that I love her and will never leave her. After my dad died from cancer when I was in eighth grade,it was true that Mae was all I truly had and loved.
I do live with my mom who has gotten a lot better since my dad's death but still just isn't the same.
All of the pain that Mae's had inside I felt like I had to take it away from her because her happiness is the only thing that has ever seemed to matter to me. I was holding her in my arms and caressing her rough skin.
    "I'm sorry." Mae mumbled and curled up tighter next to me. "What are you sorry for?" "For being so weak, you've been through so much more than I have and...and I'm just sorry. I feel like I'm such a burden to you but Eli I love you, I do, so much. I can't lose you, you mean the world to me and I want to get better. Please help me get better." "You will get better, I promise. I would die for you, Mae, if it meant for you to be happy." "I love you so much." "I love you too, more than you could know. Let's dance." "What?" "Let's dance." "Why?" "Because you know you want to." Mae sat up, turned toward me and smiled,"You're right. Are you going to play any music?" Eli grabbed his phone and "Ever The Same" by Rob Thomas started playing. Mae's smile broadened,"I love this song." "I know." Mae stood and grabbed her shirt off the bed.

Mae's POV:
"No," Eli said as he took my shirt and set it back down on the bed,"don't put it back on." I didn't have it in me to ask why so I just responded with a simple, "okay." "I'll take my shirt off." I watched intently as he removed his shirt. "Now that's better." My god, he's so attractive. Eli put his index finger under my chin and tilted my head up toward him. "Stop staring, Mae. I know I'm hot," he said, smiling. My face turned a light shade of pink and Eli held out his hand. I took it and he wrapped his arm around my waist. Eli pulled me closer to him until our skin touched. I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder. Together, we slowly swayed to soft love songs.

A/N: Thanks to j6k0aj for making my new cover. I hope that everyone is enjoying my book. Make sure that you vote. Thanks☺️
I didn't proofread, sorry for any mistakes.