Crow says whatever he said.

This was written by Crow in his journal. I think this happened after I left and accidentally awoke the mandatory ghost character. Okay? Okay. 

After Thief, or as Silver later told me, Foraen, left to go who knows where, Jade, Silver, Adalayde, and I headed to the inn that was next door. Well, Jade and I did. The princess dragged Silver along with her so that she could get some new clothes that would better suit the temperature and climate where we were headed. It took them awhile because Kryan currency is not exactly worth much in Fya. (Something about the gold coins being fake. All merchants, in Fya at least, can always tell real precious metals from whatever Kry's excuses are in an instant.)

I was looking out the window from my room in the inn and watched the people scuttle about just as if it were day. Though it looked busy, it wasn't noisy at all. I'd like to note that most of the people in the street were Lacers and nocturnal breeds of dragons. (I think the Luminera were the ones that have glow in the dark scales and the Noctus are the ones that have two heads. The Noctus migrate west from Skiel in the spring because of the hurricanes, though they usually don't cross Kry's border with Fya that often.) It was strange to see so many things while the world should have been asleep. In Colis, there were a lot more trees and a lot more wildlife than in Kry and Fya. I brushed my hair out a bit, though it did little good because I'm almost constantly wearing my hood. Like usual, there was that one strand of hair that refused to go down with the rest, so I just let it be and forgot to care, I was tired and sleep was calling my name. (Bet you've never had that problem, Thief) (Um, ever tried going without sleep for three months rather than one?!)

  I laid down on the small, uncomfortable bed and looked out the window one last time. The sky was literally glowing with green light. I'm dead serious. It was mesmerizing, yet utterly terrifying. There was definitely something unnatural happening, and it probably involved my teacher. I sighed and got up. I put on my cloak and grabbed my short spear. Looking at the blade I was taken aback. I gazed at the long, red feathers that were from the wild birds I would hunt in my homeland with the person I considered a brother. We would be in the forest all day, catching rabbits and birds, then we'd go back and have a feast with our tribe. What we hunted was cooked by our sisters and mothers while our older brothers started fires and watched over the little ones. After everything was cooked, we ate and drank and laughed with each other. The wild crows would always flock around me and I'd try to catch them with my bare hands. They would fly away, just out of my reach. This was why they named me Crow. (At first they thought I was a crow spirit, just trapped inside a human body. In my tribe, they say that children can hear animals to a small extent. The animals that they hear the clearest is what they are named after. They say that after the age of three, we can't hear them anymore. Of coarse, they also say that the animals we hear are just the spirits of our ancestors inhabiting animals to guide our destiny, but who knows. Most of the people in Kry think we're insane, but joke's on them, we've got somewhere to go when we die that's not nowhere.) I shook my head and continued walking. I don't think my sisters, brothers, or even my parents are still human looking at present. 

By the time I had gotten out of the inn and into the main part of the town, the sky had returned to normal. Weird. The people in the town were acting normally, like nothing had happened. Weird. I looked around a bit for suspicious (and I mean abnormally suspicious, Fya's normal is already a bit sketchy) activity, and found none. Upon returning to the inn, I saw Adalayde and Silver head to their rooms for the night as well. The sun was down and I went to sleep with my spear tightly clutched in my hands just in case.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I was kept awake for some reason plot related reason, but I was once told that "we don't have a plot here" by some mysterious voice, so plot relation would hold no validity. Wait, where did that come from? Yo. huh? Shhh, I'm the fourth wall. You don't know I exist. But I- Shhhhhhh...Whatever. Anyway, I was tossing and turning when I finally fell out of the bed onto the floor. "Fine," I sighed, "Dawn's only an hour away or so, I might as well wake myself up now rather than too late. Master -er- mistress -er- uh, what title should I call her? Well, Thief does make me go through hell to learn about monsters, so I guess I should get used to this. She might force me to do it eventually." (She once said I was going to need to be stronger if I want to actually learn anything, but I don't know what she meant by that.) I stood up wearily and attempted to brush my hair, again, to no avail. So, yet again, I swept most of the tangled mess under my hood, put on my scarf, and left. 

While leaving the inn, I saw a shadow swiftly run across the ground. I directed my gaze in the direction it went and saw nothing. Am I crazy? I don't think I am, but all these voices in my head and visions I keep seeing are really starting to make me think. I followed where it went and ended up in an alleyway. Crap, knowing my luck the thing I just saw is right behind me.

 "Got that right," I turned around and saw it. Yeah, I knew it. "Sup," It was a dragon, a small one but still a dragon. "I want to eat you. I've never tasted a Colisian, though you probably taste similar to the other kinds, I still want to know." Actually, he looked more like a fox than a dragon. He was just barely taller than me, not including its short horns, had two small amber eyes that looked like eyebrows above his larger two eyes of the same color. He also had small, furry ears that were pointed like a fox's. Most of it's body was covered in skin-like dark blue scales, aside from its white, platted underbelly. At the end of his tail was a small tuft of fur that looked like a little puff ball. The dragon's wings were small and fragile looking and not threatening in the least.

"Really, what do other human breeds taste like?" I questioned, hoping to distract the dragon with conversation.

"Well, with Fyans, Shinas and Akahs taste the same, juicy but with a dry aftertaste, not worth anyone's time, but Lacers taste really good. Lacers are juicy, and if cooked right, they go amazing with a little bit of cactus milk and a little bit of honey, just like my mom used to make before me and my sibs ate her during our first winter. Kryans all taste the same, too crunchy and sour. Its like a fleshy, rotted orange with bones that are a year old and stoney. Bleh, they don't taste good, my brother said to go southeast to hunt for humans. The Hurritites aren't bad though, they taste bitter on their own, but  with the right spices or other things, they can taste pretty good. None of my sibs have ever eaten Colisian before, so I wanna try!" He rambled to himself for almost half an hour about what to cook me with, or weather or not he'd find another Colisian to truly test out the flavor, and even about going to Colis. Weird kid, but I had been long gone before he finished deciding. Thankfully, dawn was breaking onto the horizon, so I went back to the inn to wait for Thief. Foraen. Whatever. The person who you've been reading about for Beings know how long. A week? Two weeks? Two months? The beginning? No, nobody read this in the beginning, whatever.

Okay, Crow, you can go away now. Goodbye! So, I....don't have a good outro right now. Um, Stay awesome and SEE  YA!!