Chapter 4 part Ghost

HEY: if you read the sneak peak before this (the first bit is literally copy and paste from the sneak peak) the story continues at the bold writing.

Okay, long, boring story short, Adalayde is now helping me, Crow(because he needs some screen time...or book...word...time? Idk you know what I mean), Silver, and Jade(for some reason) investigate what we're calling "Anti-Magic" for now because it breaks magic. (Soooo creative) Crow said he heard of someone who knows about it so, might as well. I estimated that it'd take about 2 to 3 weeks to get to Colis. Sadly, I estimated for Lacer time, so I didn't account for sleep. So there we were, in a lovely cafe and forge called Phoenix Blade.

The annoying part about the Phoenix Blade's weapon shop was that every sword, knife, ax, or other pointy object was made to order, thus making it the only store that I couldn't steal from. It didn't help that their swordsmith was one of the best in the business. The cafe? Best meal of your life. Period. Kaicezra (the chef there) could make a meal out of sewage water and rats and it would still taste like the best thing you've ever eaten. (actually a true statement. The cafe offers one daily special for each meal. Kai literally did that whole sewage-rat thing for a food critic and he actually said that it was one of the best meals he'd had in a while. This chef is that good.) So, I was standing at the counter as Lirriar (the swordsmith) set the two daggers I had ordered onto a scale.

"Well, you've been here before, paintbrush, so you should know that I only have one price." She held out her hand patiently. "Blade's weight in rubies and emeralds." I dropped the sack onto the scale. Perfectly even. "All yours. Now get out before I stab you" the swordsmith commanded.

"Hrryah..." I mumbled under my breath as I left.

"I heard that! Flarr you too, ya thief!" Lirriar threw a rusty piece of scrap metal in my general direction.

"That technically is my name, so your insult is therefore ineffective." I quickly walked out of the door to avoid any more of the swordsmith's projectiles. (Note: never EVER piss off a swordsmith when he/she is at his/her forge. You could get hit with hot metal, pointy objects, scrap metal, fire, pretty much anything) I stashed the two daggers in may hair (because I can do that and most of you can't. Mwa ha ha) and walked into the cafe. Instantly, I saw the four people who would be stalking me for who knows how long. Black hood, crown that I still insist is plastic, idiot, and psycho girl were all sitting at  a table together which had one empty seat between Adds and Crow. Adalayde was drinking tea, Crow had a cup of a different kind of tea, Jade had a plate full of what looked like raw negasic( some insane creature we have here. It's like a large goat with wings and a lion's mane. They tend to eat cattle, sheep, goats, and small children. Infestations are such a pain. Plus they have rainbow blood like some of the "unicorn" things I've heard of from across the sea on the continent Ticla, but I could be wrong) and Silver was eating a negasic sandwich.(the negasic was cooked of course, it still had a rainbow color)

"Do you want anything?" Crow asked me, "The day's special is-"

"Negasic," I finished, "Not many foods are rainbow colored you know. And to answer your question, no. I don't really like them that much. In my opinion, negasic are too bright and colorful."

"Says the paintbrush. Honestly, why do you have your hair dyed that color and in that fashion?" the princess smirked (never a good sign) "Are you trying to distract people from something?"

"Says the sheet of paper," I retorted. Silver and Crow made 'ooooo' sounds with their mouths covered.

"Hey!! Pale skin is a standard of beauty where I come from!!" Adalayde snapped.

"Not exactly what I was referring to, but you're right. You are quite ghostly." I said looking at my hands as if they were more interesting that the face the Kryan princess was making. I glanced at her for a second and then back to my hand. Her face was so hilarious, it was like shock mixed with anger mixed with embarrassment mixed with a loss of words. Ah, so utterly hilarious.

(HIIIII, the people who read the sneak peak (before I deleted it) can read on from here!)

"Okay, either way, what about Colis. How are we going to get there if we need to sleep?" She said quickly changing the subject.

"Eh, I suppose after here we could travel the Snake's Vein to the Corrisinuma and travel across the border that way." I tapped my nails on the table in the rhythm of an old song I had heard once.

"ALRIGHT! SUN'S DOWN! GET OUTTA MY SHOP!!!!" Lirriar erupted from the shop next door. Kaicezra came out from the kitchen after his sister's outburst.

"Okay everyone, no more orders, you may leave after you finish eating." he the started to clean up the cafe.

"The inn's right next to this place for those who need to sleep." I stood up and began to exit the building. "I'll meet up with you at dawn if you guys are awake." With that I swept through the doors.

I walked westward toward the tiniest sliver of sunlight on the horizon. The town was just as lively as it had been during the day. People started lighting fires and lamps while others poked around in the shadows waiting for prey. I sighed and kept walking. The crowd and noise of the city faded behind me until there was no sound aside from the slight whooshing of the wind as I was only a night's walk from Vadryah, the valley of wind. It had almost always been an unwritten rule that the wastelands that circled the Fyan Desert were Shina territory because of the seemingly ever present wind. (Daybreak should make you guys a map, you don't know about anything in this world) Despite the winds, I was also only an hour away from the very outskirts of the desert. I heard about the smallest, most isolated village in the entire country that was fabled to be there. A village of artists, musicians, and craftsmen who were the best in all the world; blessed with the hands of Dia itself.

I continued walking for said hour and arrived at a small, burnt village. A village that had been completely scorched some time ago. A village that had a very small resemblance to... the one where I was...born... "Flar..." I mumbled. "This...this is just..." I picked up white feather from underneath a lump of charcoal which was probably some sort of carving at one point.

"Hello?" a voice called. It seemed far off, yet near enough to touch. I turned around scanning the area around me. "Hello? I know I heard footsteps!" I kept walking forward shakily. Please don't be a ghost, I already have enough supernatural things to deal with. "Okay, I lied about the hearing footsteps thing. But seriously, it's starting to get a little creepy in here." I was then near the center of the city and the sandy path had turned to a stone plaza with a broken, burned statue of someone from many generations ago with long hair and a staff. She looked a little bit like me, aside from the fact that she was made of stone and most likely died a very long time ago. "Oh! There is someone here! I knew it!" The voice called out again from nowhere. "Hey, you with the dual-colored soul, stand in the center of the plaza, like, riiiiight where that statue of me once was!"

"Um, why?" I questioned

"Because I say so, now come on!" then two ghostly, hands made out of green fire soul-fire started pushing me toward the pedestal where the statue had been. I tried to resist, but, you know, those hands were made out of FIRE! So anyways, I was on the pedestal when the hands finally disappeared. "Okay, now hold tight and squaaaaa!" the ghost appeared in front of me. She had long, Lacer brown hair, like mine, teal eyes, like mine, and a face that looked quite similar to mine, therefore she looked kind of a little bit ugly because she looked like me. "Sup, the name's Forinosakisericia, Ricia for Daybreak's laziness. Nice to finally meet you, descendant."

Finally done. (After a million years) So, I really don't have much to say, other than that lovely little picture that Daybreak drew is Ricia, the ghost that will probably be haunting me. So, yeah, the resemblance is either A) uncanny or B) Daybreak's attempt to bring in a ghost character without putting effort into the design because she's Daybreak. So, you can comment what you think about the whole ghost situation or not, I don't really care. Plus, you can hit that little star lookin thing and make me feel good about myself. Anzyways, stay awesome and SEE YA!!