Chapter 2 Finale

Yeah, this will be the last chapter taking place last Alli so...yeah. On with it.

So, I ran down the alley way. To my fortune, there was a fork in the path. To my misfortune, the one I took lead to a dead end. Reasons why I don't like being chased. Under pressure my decisions are mostly done by my feet, not by my own consciousness. Sadly, I knew my fate. I watched as a swift figure turned the corner. His scarf trailed behind him like a scarlet cape. The figure's hooded, black cloak was blown with the desert winds.
"Who the hell are you?" I said drawing my sword. The familiar weight barely phased my two hands.
"I go by many names. But, you can just call me Crow." He said pulling his hood off of his head. Underneath was some serious, hilarious hood hair. Literally, it defied every law of physics that I knew of. His purplish black hair stuck out in every direction possible as if it had a mind of its own. 'Crow' quickly attempted to fix it by patting it down, but eventually failed and put his hood back up. I snickered to myself at his hair problems and sheathed my sword. "So, you are Thief correct?" he said again.

"As I said before, it depends on who needs to know." I said again.

"I need to know. Look, all I know is that someone said a person by the alias of 'Thief' knows how to deal with unnatural and undead things. Back in my tribe in Colis we kinda had a monster infestation and I...I'm the one of the only ones left." He said sincerely. I started to head out of the alley.

"In that case, yeah. That'd be me. If you have any more monster problems, I've got a whole book of research on the matter if it'd be any help to ya. I had to learn a ton about 'em since...never mind. Anyway, whenever you need help, I'll be hanging around the oasis until the holidays are over. If you post a message in Crimscript (the secret code used by the underworld of thieves, assassins, and mercenaries to find jobs in Fya) I might be able to help." I then continued to head out of the alley and into someone's abandoned shop for some free treasure. The sound of footsteps came from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to Crow who seemed to be following me.

"That's the thing," He said. "I  need help now. What do you know about them? Is there a certain way to defeat them? Is there a specific way to keep them from coming back? Can- can they-" He questioned me.

"Ugh, well if you're gonna be like that I might as well just become your mentor on the undead and unnatural." I said sarcastically.

"Wow, really?" Crow asked genuinely, clearly not getting the point of my statement. How cute, he actually thinks I'd train him. I thought. Well, it might not be so bad, you don't want this to become like your town right? Besides, this is an entire tribe, not just one little village. I eventually made up my mind and  on that last day of Alli, I took him as my apprentice in the field of the undead and unnatural. It was actually quite nice.

So, yeah. Apprentice slash acquaintance, this marks the end of chapter 2. So, as always, stay awesome and SEE YA!!