Backstory Time.

So, I am taking a break from that extremely long chapter about last Alli that took the entire month of this Alli to bring you this little backstory on me. Because why the heck not. It all started when my mommy and my daddy loved each other very much...heh-heh, naw just kidding. But anywho, my backstory. YEAH!!

So, I was born(as most people are when they suddenly gain sentience and life) into a humble family of the Lacer tribe. Clearly, I was doomed from the start. I was raised by my parents(like a normal person) and went to school. Of course, this was all in the first four years of my life. I remember my fifth birthday vividly. I had just filled up on cake, cookies, and special treats and was headed off to bed when it happened. A single scream pierced through my small town. It was the sound of someone dying a quick and painful death. That someone was my oldest brother, Ka-Larin(may he rest in pieces). He was twelve years older than me, 17 at the time of his death. I was so distracted and shocked by my brothers untimely death that I hadn't even noticed the fire starting to spread around me, engulfing the entire town. I ran out toward his scream to see what had killed him. Shadowy creatures that I couldn't even describe were invading, one of them still had my brother's blood on his snout. I openly cried over him wondering how he could sleep at a time like this. My previously-second-oldest brother(may he rest in pieces), Sa-Nakl, picked me up with one arm and deflected a blow from one of the creatures with his other. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He was only 15, yet he held a sword and fought with the strength and skill of a great warrior in the eyes of my young and innocent mind.

Sa-Nakl ran me to a makeshift safe haven and dropped me there since I was too weak to bear arms. I remember his last words to me. "Stay alert. Stay alive. Stay awake. You are a Lacer, now don't go bringing shame on our legacy." With that, he ran off to his inevitable death. Although he was not killed by a creature, he died of his wounds fairly soon after. His words stuck like arrows in a dead body. I will never forget them. So, I waited. I stayed alert. I stayed alive. I stayed awake. I did as he said until my one, older sister found me. My sister, Ricii(may she rest in pieces), helped me up and led me to yet another place. She was mute so she didn't speak a word, she just nodded in my direction an led me to the safest place she could find.. I saw deep gashes on her arms, she had been in the fight or at least attacked. She was only two years older than me, yet she carried a knife for defense. Her presence was almost calming in a way, but my thoughts were cut off by monsters slowly moving toward us. Ricii got into a ready stance and then I saw a claw come out of her back. My sister fell at my feet as the monster retracted its claw. Inky black filled Ricii's wound as she started to get back up. Almost too fast for me to register, she had become a monster just like the one that took her life. Most don't know where new monsters come from, but I saw it right in front of me as a small child. Once a monster kills a human, their parts fade into the shadow of the Monster's hex. Monsters usually kill them with a fatal stab. Somehow that's where the corruption begins, blackness spirals out from the wound and then corrupts the vessel entirely. The older the specimen, the slower the process. My sister was young so in a matter of seconds she had already been completely corrupted and was ready to kill me. That's when my mother and father decimated the monster that were trying to attack me.

My father took carried me to the edge of town. I knew he was a great fighter, what I didn't know was that he had been completely overpowered by the monsters and that he was on the very brink of corruption. He collapsed right next to me. My father, the one that I had always believed was the strongest person in the world, collapsed out of pure weakness. "Don't die..." my father said as his body was consumed by shadows, the transformation had was almost complete he only had a few more seconds of his humanity. "Don't die...unless I kill you myself!" He lashed out at me then recoiled as if he were hurting. "Run....far away from here...GO!" He yelled with the last of his sanity. So I ran. A five-year-old in a hoard of monsters. I ran to the town of Haven where I was raised in an Ahka orphanage.

Much to my caretakers' dismay, I was a Lacer, not an Ahka. I stayed up for weeks on end and only slept once every month or so. Typical life as a Lacer. I was never adopted and eventually ended up running away from the village of Haven. (Well, I was actually banished because I was caught in the act of stealing something, but 'runaway' sounds better) So off I went to the academy for thieving. I got a degree in murders and went on in my life getting rich, making connections to shady businesses, and the occasional fighting of the undead. You know, normal things for people in Fya. 100% normal.

Hey look, more artwork!! So Daybreak isn't as lazy as we thought she was. She made us a nice picture of me, Jade, and some other idiot. Oh yeah, Silver, riiiight. So anyway, Stay awesome and SEE YA!!!