Stormy struggle (part 2)

Hey, Thief here so if you haven't read the first part of this you should probably go do that over in 'Thief and Silver' like right now. If you have read it then keep reading I think I remember leaving you at a cliff hanger. Okay? Okay, let's do this thing AHEM!

It appeared that we couldn't win. We regrouped about 20 yards away and watched our seemingly indifferent mirrors. Silver had scratch marks along his arms although they seemed to have a weird glow to them as if they weren't there but still were.(don't question my logic) Jade had the same kind of cuts on her snout and underbelly. I looked down at my own self...not a single mark. I could have sworn Revlis had gotten me with his blade at least once. It didn't make sense. 

"How come you didn't get hurt" Silver said panting. 

"If I knew I would tell you. But I don't know now do I?" I spat coldly. I looked up at the storm clouds. They weren't natural, not the slightest bit. Just like that day... I thought. Images everything started coming to my mind. The monsters, the fire, the storm...all of it. I was just a small child, barely three. But I still remember it.

"Don't die..." my father said as his body was consumed by shadows, the transformation had was almost complete he only had a few more seconds of his humanity. "Don't die...unless I kill you myself!" He lashed out at me then recoiled as if he were hurting. "Run....far away from here...GO!" He yelled with the last of his sanity. So I ran. A five-year-old in a hoard of monsters. I might as well have been on a silver platter. But that night, I was slashed with claws of the undead, cut on spears of the fallen... and the next morning I woke up with no wounds, no scars, and no evidence that I was ever in danger. Even at five, I knew that wasn't how the world worked.

"Yes, it does look like that night doesn't it." Foraenoto said eerily as if she were reading my mind. "But I'm afraid we won't be running from our problems now." She chuckled and started slowly forward. I readied myself, so did my team. I ran and jumped for an aerial strike on my mirror. She countered like I would have. We engaged in combat but every one of my moves was blocked, countered, and copied. But then I got an idea. Do something unexpected. Steal a move from one of my teammates. So, I quickly ducked Foraenoto's blade and slashed at her ankles cutting them clean off like Jade. Silver, catching on to my idea, stole my spinning aerial strike and caught Revlis off guard and slicing him in half from top to bottom. Jade used Silver's 'hop around like a useless idiot until you can kill them' move burning her mirror to a crisp. So It seemed that we had won.

But we didn't defeat them, as long as we have reflections, they exist. We will see them again....

What is it with me getting into unending battles with things that can't be killed?! It's really annoying sometimes, just the thought of not being able to kill your foe...it just isn't what you'd want on your mind while fighting them. So...stay awesome I guess. SEE YA!!