Chapter Twenty-Four

(Clem's POV)

   After Rocky threw up, she nearly collapsed where she stood. Something wasn't right. I understand the situation and having Walker crap on yourself, but this was different.
   I tried signaling Lee, but he was trying to lure a Walker to cover our scents with. Instead, I signaled Alvie over. I whispered to him as Kenny was helping Rocky stand, "She's paler than usual and she's keeping her right arm covered," I muttered in his ear.
   "I'm afraid she might be---" Alvie stood straight up, interrupting me, "If she is infected, we can handle it." He finished, walking over to assist Lee.
   My mind flashed to the time when I was taken, from what Christa explained, Lee was bitten and he thought he could handle it. Well, that failed. Without that  cureshot or a way to figure out where this Warehouse was, there was only two answers.

   Shoot her, or amputate her arm.

   Lee came back with a dead Walker, its jaw broken off. He covered everyone in the disgusting material and put extra on Rocky. I got his back and told him what I told Alvie.
   Lee's face darkened, "Well, she does look paler indeed. Plus she looks like she's hiding something," He whispered then looked at Alvie. "Hey Al, can you carry Rocky? I think she's tired, plus probably sick. If we want to get out of here, we gotta go quick."
   Alvie nodded and picked up the frail-looking Rocky in his arms. I hope she doesn't turn on us. Kenny and Lee scouted the room and found an exit close by. There was only one problem. We didn't know what was on the other side.
   Taking a risk, we walked toward the exit. Walkers turned our way, but then turned back around to the sound of the radio. Alvie and Rocky were in the middle as Kenny and I flanked the back, Lee leading us.
   As he opened the door slowly, I swore I heard all our hearts drop. Walkers swarmed the area, moaning, stumbling, and eating the dead survivors. Lee quietly snuck behind a Walker and broke off it's jaw, stabbing it in the back. He used it as a cover as we filed behind, careful not to knock into any other Walkers.
   I made the mistake of glancing at three Walkers eating one of the survivors. I recognized the tattered grey tanktop and brown hair. I wanted to puke. To be honest, I was hoping she would survive. At least she'll be reunited with Larry.
   Once we reached a clear road, Lee killed off the Walker and he lead us to an abandon gas station. Kenny and Lee cleared the area of any Walkers and Alvie set Rocky down on the counter.
   He said something to her, which she didn't like. Alvie and Rocky got into a quiet argument and I guess Alvie won cause Rocky took off her jacket.
   She revealed her arm and we all took a sharp breath. No... She had a deep gash, not a bite, but there was Walker blood all around it, and probably inside it too. She looked down, her eyes closed, and silent tears falling.
   Lee looked at her, then at us, "We have to do something. And fast."