Chapter Three

Everything is repeating again.

I saw a boy, a teenager, torn to shreds by five Walkers, right in front of my house. It was just like what happened to Travis, a college student that was with Ben and that professor. We couldn't save him, and I couldn't save the boy.
I kept hearing screams from all over Savannah, nearly everyone was either survivors, or Walkers. Nothing was right anymore. I kept hearing those fatal gunshots. They've been coming closer and closer.
Along with those gunshots, were doors being slammed open from my neighbors' houses. Whoever it was, they would come here next. And I'll be ready, with a pistol at their head.
I felt my shirt being pulled as I walked away from the window. I tensed and looked down, my katana unsheathed. I sighed irritatedly when I noticed it was just the drawer handle.
Calm down, Clem. All this apocalyptic crap was making me go insane. I was usually fine when I was younger, mostly 'cause someone was there to protect me, and tell me everything was going to be okay.
I realized right then that this would be the first time I was alone. No friends, no group, no family. It was alot to handle. It made me remember how I loved having a group.
I wanted Lee. I wanted Kenny. I wanted Alvie. Someone. Anyone.

(???'s POV)

These damn walkers won't stop coming, will they? I had to scavenge for more ammo. This machine gun won't stop them that easily. If I hit them right, it would only take three bullets per walker.
The gun was overheating, but I couldn't stop, or else I'd be dead, and turned. I went from house to house, running from the walkers and looting the abandon houses.
I found a loaded pistol in one gun. Perfect. I went to the Valero gas station, but it was looted, just not as much as I thought. Someone was here, but they didn't take everything. It looked like they took what they needed, which was food.
I grabbed some antibiotics and bandages, plus some other supplies. I heard groaning and shuffling of feet. I hid behind some fallen shelves as a walker passed by. I tensed, ready to kill if I had to.
Fortunately, it just walked by, not detecting my scent. I crawled out quietly and stabbed the walker behind the back. It tried turning around, but couldn't without making the knife dig deeper into it's back.
It fell into a heap of disgusting rotten flesh and I stepped over it, walking back outside. The sunlight warmed me up a bit, but that eerie feeling was still in me. I know there was a reason why I was here again, but I didn't remember.
I walked around the neighborhood and saw a horde of walkers, walking toward me. I kicked open a door to a house and shut the door, blocking it with a sturdy bookshelf.
I heard footsteps upstairs and tensed, my new pistol in my hand. Someone must be upstairs. Maybe this house isn't abandoned after all... Or it could be a walker.
I slowly climbed upstairs, ready to shoot if I had to. I opened the door and looked around. I didn't see anything, which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand.
I closed the door and held my pistol out. "Hey, stupid." I heard from behind as something metal hit the back of my head, hard. I almost blacked out completely. All I saw was black, but I still heard her talk, "That's what happens when you break into my house."