Drabble #22 - jikook angst

That xx

Jimin hushed Jungkook for the nth before the younger completely falls asleep in his arms. He carried Jungkook carefully in a bridal style and put him on bed. He grabbed the sheets and covered the younger's body, making sure that Jungkook is comfortable and wouldn't get cold.

He went back to the living and threw himself at the sofa. He let out a heavy sigh for the nth time. His hands reached out for the beer on the center table and gulped it without any hesitation. He wiped off his mouth and stood up to walk back to his bedroom to get a blanket from his cabinet. He stole a glance at the sleeping Jungkook and his smile quickly curled into a smile as he heard the younger's soft snores. He settled at the sofa and made himself comfortable. He'll be sleeping outside his room.

This isn't the first time this incident happened.

This isn't the first time Jungkook knocked on his door.

This isn't the first time Jungkook came running to him with salty tears falling down from his eyes.

This isn't the first time he held a broken Jungkook in his arms.

This isn't the first time Jungkook told him about his unloyal boyfriend.

This isn't the first time Jimin heard Jungkook's story about his cheating lover.

This isn't the first time Jimin let Jungkook's head all into his lap as he wipe the tears away.

This isn't the first time Jimin offered Jungkook liquor to comfort him somehow.

This isn't the first a drunk Jungkook kiss Jimin, thinking that it was Taehyung, his boyfriend.

This isn't the first time Jimin responded to that kiss that wasn't supposed to be his.

This isn't the first time Jungkook hit Jimin repeatedly at the chest while complaining how painful loving Taehyung is.

This isn't the first time Jungkook falls asleep in Jimin's arms.

This isn't the first for Jimin to take Jungkook to his room and let him sleep there whilst he sleep at the living room.

But everything hurts like how it first happened to Jimin.

They were in second year of college when the two of them met Taehyung. He remembers how Jungkook's face glow with happiness as he tell him about how handsome and kind Taehyung is. He remembers the pain his heart had to endure while listening to Jungkook blabber about another guy. That went on until Jimin's heart become used to the pain.

Then their third year of college came. Jimin had yet to experience another pain. He remembers how Jungkook's lips stretched from ear to ear from too much smiling as he held hands with Taehyung. He remembers how his tears almost fell when Jungkook told that Taehyung and him are finally a thing. A couple. J

Jimin was left behind. He endured all the pain alone.

His bestfriend slash first unrequited love namely Jungkook started to spend less time with him. Everytime they talked, it was always Taehyung as the subject.

Taehyung here.

Taehyung there.

Taehyung is like this.

Taehyung is like that.

How lucky Taehyung is. He owns something that Jimin will never have no matter how much he wants it.

Then one rainy night, Jimin's doorbell rang. Jimin wasn't expecting any guest especially that it's already 12:30 AM. The doorbell keep on ringing so he was forced to go downstairs half-asleep to go see who is this intruder.
Jimin's almost-closed eyes wenr wide when Jungkook jumped unto him while crying.

"He is a jerk." That's the first Jungkook said when they got inside the older's house. Jungkook was told to sit at the sofa while Jimin prepared coffee for the two of them.

Jungkook continued his story on why he ended up here and Jimin's hands balled into a fist. His grip became thighter the longer he continued on listening to Jungkook.

Today was supposed to be Jungkook and Taehyung's monthsary. They are supposed to have dinner together but instead of eating a fine meal at a restaurant, Jungkook caugh Taehyung eating another guy's cock at the locker room. His 'boyfriend' was so busy while the other party seemed too pleasured to notice his presence so he walked out without anyone seeing him. Jungkook pretended everything he saw was just a hallucination. Fake. He decided to wait at the restaurant where Taehyung and him agreed to meet and spend time together but it was time for the staffs to close the place and Jungkook ended up not eating dinner at all. Taehyung ditched him.

He should be rushing to Taehyung's house or bombing Taehyung's phone with text messages or phone calls but he didn't do any of that and ran to Jimin instead. He cried his heart out at Jimin's arms and told him how much he still loves his cheating boyfriend despite on what the latter did do to him. Even after seeing that loathful incident, his heart still couldn't let go of Taehyung.

This gave Jimin anothet heartache to deal with. He hates to see Jungkook crying. He hates Taehyung for letting his pure Jungkook see that kind of scene. But most of all, he hates himself for not being able to do anything but rub the younger's back and give him comforting words.

That was the first time. Then the second one happened during a chilly night and a broken Jungkook came knocking at his door at 7 o' clock in the evening. Then the third one when their accidental kiss happened. Jimin offered the younger to drink and Jungkook was too intoxicated he mistook Jimin as Taehyung. Then the fourth,fifth, this went on and on Jimin already lost count of how many times this happened.

He was used to seeing Jungkook cry and mention Taehyung at his face a million times but he will never get used to that pain he feels everytime Jungkook says he can't let Taehyung go because he loves him so much.

Jimin checked the time and it was three at the morning. His eyelids fell as fatigue and sleepiness consumed his system. This was the only way for Jimin to forget everything for a little while. Sleep.

Jimin will never get used to the pain of having an unrequited love. To think that this was his first love is so pathetic. Pitiful. Painful.

Loving Jungkook is a beautiful pain that Jimin has to endure for a long time.

-----------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello~

OKAY SO WHO WAS ATTACKED BCS OF JIKOOK ON TWITTER EARLIER SHOUT WITH ME PEOPLE!!!! I WAS ABOUT TO WATCH SEVENTEEN'S ONE FINE DAY WHEN THAT NOTIF POPPED IN MY NOTIFS BAR AND I WAS LIKE "HOLD THE FUCK UP THERE SISTER I SEE HASHTAG 꾹 WITH HASHTAG JIMIN I NEED TO CHECK THIS!!!!11!1!1!!!1"
MY COUSIN HAD TO WAIT FOR ME TO CALM DOWN BEFRE WE CAN START 😂

Sorry if this angst I was actually planning to post a Jikook fluff but I saw this in my draft. I probably forgot to post this lmao. Anyways wait a bit because I'll be making a jikook fluff right away~!

-민