Drabble #10 - Jikook angst (continuation of drabble #9)

House of cards pt.2

JUNGKOOK POV

The closer I get to my house, the more suffocated I feel.

I gulped as the car stopped and I finally reached my destination. It feels like I'm going to jail rather than going back home.

The servant who fetched me from Jimin's house earlier opened the door for me.

"Young master are you okay? You look somehow pale?"

I shook my head as a response and got out of the car. Every step I take feels so heavy. I feel like there's iron inside my shoes.

I took a deep breath as I enter the house. I saw my father waiting for me at the living room.

He was reading a newspaper. The one that's headline is my engagement.

I rolled my eyes diseecretly.

"A-appa. I'm here now."

Dad looks like he is a good mood. He gently smiled at me. Which he rarely does. He told me to take the seat in front of him.

The spacd in the room is wide enough but I feel like there's not much air for me to take in.

"Appa-"

"So what's your plan about your coming wedding? Do you have anyone you want to invite?"

I've been living my life to meet my dad's expectations. My life has been dull because all I did was work.

No play.

I don't have any special people to me.

Except for Jimin.

But inviting him to the wedding is like hitting him with a car.

The last thing I would like to do is to hurt Jimin.

Bitch you already did.

Yeah I guess it's too late not to hurt Jimin. The least I can do is not to deepen the wound.

Dad's next words completely opposed the thoughts running inside my head.

"Oh I know. That Jimin guy you always talk about? Why don't you make her your bestman? Well he's your closest friend right?"

I tried to disagree with his idea. But no words came out from my mouth. It feels like there's something stuck in my throat.

"I'll be the one who'll invite him. Haerin will be here soon. You two should spend time together before your wedding."

I wasn't able to say anything until dad finally left.

Jimin I'm sorry.

------

THIRD PERSON POV

Jimin stared blankly at the white wall. Feeling empty.

He closed his eyes.

He wanted to cry. But there's no more tears left.

Jungkook's father came by earlier. He remembered their conversation

"Are you the Park Jimin that my son talks about?"

"Well...I guess I am."

"I'm a busy person so I won't beat around the bush. I know about your relationship with my son."

"..."

"As a heir to a well-known company it's disgraceful to have such relationship. I'm pretty sure you're aware of Jungkook's engagement. Lee Haerin, a daughter of a business tycoon. That's what my son needs. Not some filthy creature like you."