Senses.

As soon as I open my eyes, excruciating pain rips throughout my body. The back of my head is throbbing, and I imagine someone hitting it from within, with a claw hammer. Keeping my eyes open is an exercise, and I can't keep them open for more than three seconds. And for those three seconds, all I can see is darkness.

Where am I?

It then comes all flooding back. How I was investigating and how I got hit. All those terrible hallucinations.

Wait a minute. Is this whole thing a hallucination?

Am I dead or something?

Anguish floods my heart as I think of the possibility of me being dead. How in the world will my family react? Will they even find my body? Or is my body dumped in a smelly dumpster somewhere? But they will find me, right? They always do in stories. Some random guy is going to walk up the same street and find me, lying dead, and the next thing you know, I am in the forensic lab where they rip me apart and...

The three seconds that my body gives me to think are done, and I have to close my eyes back again to make the pain bearable.

I breathe in, and let the air permeate my insides. Breathing is the only thing that is painless, and moving pretty much anything is a waste of time. My shoulders hurt, and I can't feel my hands

Oh God. Where are my hands?

I move my shoulders with great difficulty and try to feel my elbows and eventually my wrist. That's when I discover why I can't feel my hands.

Its because they are tied to each other, behind my back.

I throw my head back in frustration, which causes me to cry in pain because I hit something. Turns out my waist is bound to a wooden column of sorts, and I just hit it with my head.

I mentally congratulate myself for keeping my eyes open for more than three seconds, but the pain comes back and I have to close them again.

I try to lift my legs and find them bound together as well. And that's when it finally hits me.

I am trapped.

In a dress and in heels, if I might just add.

Wait. Where is Amy?

Panic erupts in my stomach. The person who hit me surely knew that I was not alone.

So I, basically, gave Amy away.

I Gave both of us away.

Yay me.

I pray to all that is holy for Amy to somehow, miraculously, be safe. And not  be tied.

Please.

But where is Amy?

It  suddenly occurs to me that she was going to investigate the other side of the hallway. So if I have been knocked out for a couple of hours, and since she isn't here, that means she escaped, right?
RIGHT?

And I have been knocked out for hours, right?

Hope suddenly floods my insides and I grin like a child who has just discovered ice cream. Amy is smart enough to figure out that I am missing, and she will surely do something, right? Alert someone who we know is capable of handling this situation?