#42, Problem solved?

Start from the beginning

"Oh hey, that reminds me!" Emma exclaimed suddenly, leaping up from the chair. She walked over to where Tamira's purse sat on an extra chair against the wall, rumbling through it for a while. Then she procured a stuffed duck from it, holding it high in the air with satisfaction. "Thanks for bringing Dickie back to its rightful owner!"

Emma sat back at the table, proudly putting Dickie, the duck, next to her plate.

Tamira almost choked on the coffee. Neymar's eyes widened in surprise, but he couldn't help but chuckle. Just like Rafaella and Gil, he was merely mildly amused by the girl's antics. Emilia frowned at the toy, shaking her head in disapproval – she already knew the girls' game and wasn't a fan of it.

Neymar pai had a befuddled look on his face as he examined the duck. "But that's not a duck, that's a goose."

Emma smirked devilishly. "But that doesn't rhyme."

"With what?"

"With what the duck stands for," was all the explanation Emma managed after a moment of contemplation, shrugging when she couldn't find better words – not that she particularly cared to elaborate.

No one added further explanations to that, all of them simply exchanging looks when Pai's confusion wouldn't go away from the expression he had on his face. Then Emilia cleared her throat, finally taking pity on her partner. "That's, uh... it's a game the girls have been playing."

Pai looked even more befuddled now. "What game?"

"Hey, uh, how about we go to the beach later?" Tamira tried to change the subject. Neymar snorted, already knowing his father wouldn't stop asking until he got the answer.

Emilia scowled at them, then turned her attention back to Pai after making sure Davi was preoccupied (he was still happily tipping away on the iPad). "It's called Dickie, the duck. It's a word play. Change the first D to a QU and the second D to an F and you'll know what this is about."

"The first D to a..." Pai repeated, already doing so in his head. Then his eyes widened, horror-stricken. "Oh!"

Rafaella full out laughed at her father's expense. "Welcome to the age of the female sexual revolution, papae!"

Pai scowled at his daughter. "If you ever play that game, I don't ever want to know, you hear me?" He shook his head and put the rest of his croissant to his lips. "It's bad enough to know what my son's gotten into nowadays."

Neymar snorted. "I better not tell you what we've planned to get the duck back, then."

Pai choked on his bite and Emilia patted his back to help him out, throwing the others an exasperated look – they were all laughing.

Emma shook her head, staring at Tamira pensively. "Good luck with that mess over there!" Her expression changed to pride when she looked at the duck. She grabbed it and hugged it to her chest. "I don't plan on letting this baby go anytime soon! Totally earned it!"

"Please!" Pai exclaimed after he'd overcome the coughing fit. "Spare me the details!"

Tamira groaned unhappily, completely ignoring Neymar Senior's words. She glared at Emma. "As soon as I'm not hungover anymore, it's back on!" The only response she got was a lifted eyebrow and a look of 'yeah, right'. Dejectedly, she lay her head on the counter, tired as hell from the excessive night out with her teammates.

The conversation around the kitchen table turned to other things. Tamira was about to fall asleep right there by the counter, when she felt a hand softly caressing her back. Then she could feel Neymar's presence close to her. Blinking (when had she closed her eyes?), she found his face close to her own. He wore a cheeky grin. "Don't worry, princesa," he whispered to her, kissing her cheek softly. "We'll get it back."