--> Be John Egbert?

You cannot be John Egbert right now, because John Egbert is Asleep!

--> Be Jake English

   You are Jake English, John Egbert's older cousin by only four years. You had lived a very poor life when you were in middle school but not so bad as to where kids did this to you! You wondered what John could've done to make someone so mad as to where they would break one of his ribs and his ankle.

   You were currently sitting in a chair next to a hospital bed that your cousin was laying on. He was knocked out cold. You remember when one of his friends, Rose as you recall, brought him to you in the middle of the night.

-FLASHBACK BROUGHT TO YOU BY NUBHORNS-

*knock knock*

You groggily opened your eyes as the knocking on the door became even more frantic.

*knock knock knock*

You groaned as you got up in nothing more than your boxers and a tank top. You looked over at the old grandfather clock as it rung signaling the start of another hour. It was exactly midnight. Who would be at your door at midnight? Not to mention your home was in a very secluded part of the forest. People usually only found it if you told them or they got lost in the forest. You trudged over to the door, peeping through the hole at the top to see a sopping wet rose and john. You blinked as your brain processed what you were seeing. The rose figure held her hand out again to knock but you immedietly opened the door. You stared for a second at Rose and then looked at John. Holy shit, John was bleeding and you're also pretty sure someone's foot isn't supposed to turn that way.

" Hurry! John is hurt bad, we need to get him to the hospital! " Rose said in a voice of distress, you had never heard rose say anything that wasn't in a matter of fact or analyzing tone. You quickly stepped out of the way and let them come in. Rose placed John on the couch as you went to call 911.

-FLASHBACK END-

   Right now you are thinking about the things that John had said when they put him in the ambulance car. He had woken up halfway through and started saying some rather unusual things. He said things about a crow man and how there were orange and red eyes watching him from the trees. At the time you simply told John to go back to sleep, but now that you have time to think about it...

There had been a lot of sightings of part-animal part-human creatures. Not just here but all around the globe. Some people say they spotted reptilian creatures that walked on two legs. Others say they saw bird wings, much to big, soaring across the sky in the middle of the day. You briefly thought for a moment that "what if it was all real?" You shook your head as you rid yourself of such silly thoughts and continued on your way to the clearing where John had been supposedly hurt.

   You arrived in the clearing seeing the obvious spots where John had been beaten since the grass was still stained. It was a peaceful clearing. There were four main trees surrounding it. They all had big strong roots. Suddenly a thought came over you. If what John had said was true, about the birdman, wouldn't they be up in the trees? You turned to one of the trees that seemed to have the most handholds and began to climb. You got this unsettling feeling of someone staring at you. It felt like someone was staring holes in the your back. It got so weird and unnerving to the point where you looked behind you. You saw nothing but the small shake of a leaf. You kept staring until you heard something.

*Crack*

   Suddenly, you were falling. You looked up at the sky as you fell, seeing the shining blue sky. Then your back made impact with the forest floor. You gasped as the air was knocked out of you. You groaned and rolled over studying your hand which was bleeding a bit, your knees were as well. You groaned again as you slowly stood up. You looked back at the tree you had tried to climb and you sighed.

" Looks like I'll have to come back later " you muttered to no one in particular, as you turned and walked out from the clearing back to the hospital. You wanted to check to see if John had woken up yet.

You really hope he is okay.