Strangers with no past

Start from the beginning

Reuben was tempted to hiss at him, but had to keep it together since they weren't alone. As the other specialists finished up and exited the room, Reuben who had now had enough of this charade walked closer to the patient and said, "Listen here buddy, you have to wake up. There are millions of people who are reliant on you and most of all, your parents need you. Now do us all a favour and get the fuck up." He all but hissed out at the very still patient. Getting nothing in return, he stormed out of the room.

Across the pond, a similar situation had unfolded. In a temple thousands of miles away, laid a very still gentleman. He was being cared for by monks who had found him at the door step of their monastery. Who he was and how he got there was something of a mystery. He had been battered with life threatening injuries when they found him. But for some unknown reason, one the junior monks couldn't fathom, the Abbot had refused to send him to an hospital to have him thoroughly looked at. So all they could do was wait for this stranger who had been asleep for two years to finally wake up.

"He'll be waking up today, I want one of you to buy some blood."  The Abbot spoke as he walked into the room where the stranger laid. The young monks frowned but proceeded to carry out his instruction. You just don't get in the bad books of the Abbot. They all knew better than to disobey the oldest Abbot in the world. No one knew how old he was but what they did know was that he was at least a century old. Once alone he spoke to the very still stranger who laid on a mattress that was placed on the floor.

"It's time to woke up young man, the gods have spoken and the message is that you are required alive. You are needed and there is someone waiting for you. That someone your cold non beating heart yearns for." He checked his pulse and a clouded worrying look graced his withered face knowing he would be very hungry once he woke up and unpredictable as well. The Abbot knew he had a task of keeping their existence a secret and to do that, this stranger must not come in contact with anyone.

Chuckling to himself at his predicament, he sent for a few monks and gave instructions that under no circumstances was anyone allowed into the room and anywhere around it. Just then the blood he had sent for arrived. Taking it he walked into the room and bolted himself and the stranger inside this confined space. Where he hoped he wouldn't have to spend longer than a fortnight.

Once again he questioned his motive for taking up this audacious task like he had done for the past two years. He even questioned the gods and goddesses for their reasons to keep him here all these time. Who could blame Abbot Titan? He knew next to nothing of who this patient was, all he had to go by was what the gods had told him. Not even a name or where he came from. All they had said was 'Look after him, he's important, he'll be a pioneer for the world.'  Truthfully, that wasn't saying much. Abbot Titan thought scornfully as he hissed at his unfortunate fate.

While he was too deep in his own thoughts, he had failed to notice the stranger who watched him with something akin to an hunter watching it's prey. "Something smells good."  The stranger's voice rang out shocking Abbot Titan who immediately got into a defensive mode as he glowered resentfully at the stranger even though he wasn't quite sure he could put up a fight if this powerful vampire decides to have him for a light snack. He showed his fangs to the young vampire and said,