Surprise and Suspicion

Photo of Mira on the side

Vote and comment please

George's Pov

It took some getting use to not having Josh around but Mira and the children finally accepted the reality of Josh being a king to his own castle. He was destined for great things and asking him to remain here was only going to hold him back. The twins Sapphire and Alexandrite who we call Alex for short, yes you guessed right they too were named after precious stones. I named them this time around.

And had everyone wrapped around their little fingers. And I mean literally. Mother and father are on their beck and call. At all hours of the day. I guess having babies in the palace was a rare occurrence.

I have silently watched Katherine overtime since Josh left asking me to keep her safe without anyone finding out. She now stays in the palace at weekends. My excuse was that I wanted her to spend more time with Yeon Ok and JinJoo. Of course Lucy and Adrian were ecstatic when I told them she would be living in the palace. It is an honour and privilege hence their excitement.

I had spoken to Joshua last night and he had said he was coming over for Katherine's birthday but he wanted it to seem like he was merely visiting the family. I had to come up with a cover story for him. It's been ten months since we last saw him in person. Well thank the goddess for technology or we wouldn't be seeing him at all. So here I was sneaking around behind Mira's back.

Josh is the quintessential king, he has done so much for the fairies that his progress is being applauded around the supernatural world. And to think he's only seventeen years old has many baffled. Not only his strength, his thinking abilities and a very perceptive business acumen.

He has made us all proud, looking back now I see why the 'fates' gave him a fairly younger mate. I think they wanted him to grow up and establish his kingdom before any distraction was to occur. Hence him and Katherine being paired. While she grows up he has a growing up of his own to do. I look forward to Adrian's face the day he finds out his little girl wont be having a wolf mate but a fairy and she will be a queen at that. I can already picture Lucy doing the 'happy dance'.

"Honey, why have you got a smile on your face?"  Mira asked as she walked in with little Sapphire on her hips. I looked at everything but Mira. Gosh I am tired of having to keep her in the dark but I have promised my son no one would find out. Too bad if Mira knows then the world would know.

"It's nothing important sweetness, I just remembered something that happened in the past. Hey how is my second favourite girl doing?" I asked referring to Sapphire who had her face all scrunched up. "Why the long face my little princess?"  She immediately stretched out both her hands wanting me to take her from Mira which I did.

"She's sleepy but wouldn't go to bed no matter how much I try. She's spoilt rotten wanting to be held at all times." Mira complained. Yes we all know she's spoilt because of the adults in the palace. This all started when Mira was kidnapped by Nolan and the babies wanted Mira. So they had cried for a long time, the only way they could be pacified then was them being held so really they ended up being passed from one adult to another.