Sadness and a Confession

A makeup free photo of Mira on the side.

Mira's Pov

I couldn't stop myself from crying no matter how hard I tried. Here I was sat in a taxi ,the driver kept looking at me through the rear view mirror. That didn't stop me, the pain on my chest , it felt as though my heart was being ripped apart. I had snort running down my nose.

I suppose the driver couldn't take it anymore and asked. " Did you loose someone?" I didn't answer or look at him. Then he said, "Did someone die? I mean I've never come across anyone that has cried this much".

I scowled at him and told him to concentrate on taking me to my hotel. I paid my fare and left my change as I ran into the hotel lobby.

Got in my room and grabbed my phone. I called my husband, "Hello Nick?" 

"Hey babes what are you doing calling so early?"  I cleared my throat and said, "Hmm could you please get me on the next flight home? I mean as soon as possible if you don't mind."  His voice was now serious.

"Whoa whoa sweetness, what's wrong? Did someone hurt you? Are you alright? I mean what happened?" I was shaking my head 'no ' but of course he could see me.

 "Just get it done please while I pack my luggage once done I 'll head straight to the airport. Thank you and call me as soon as it's sorted." I hung up and cried some more while I packed up.

So much was on my mind how did I end up having a one night stand? How could I cheat on Nick? Even though our marriage was literally over, he was still my husband and the only man to ever get between my legs before last night. How did I end up being so common? I felt like a slut.

But was happy I did sleep with the stranger and all these confused me some more. I fell in love with the stranger, a love so refreshing it excited and gave me a feeling of dread a feeling so foreign to me.

When things were good between Nick and I, I never felt this way, remembering how 'Mr stranger's' touch set my body alight. How his finger feathered over my body. How good he looked. How his blonde hair complimented his silver eyes. Those lips of his, how they ravished my full ones.

The pain and sadness was just too much after checking out I got in a taxi from the hotel to the airport. Nick called and told me he got me a seat on a flight that takes off in 2hours. I was glad to be out of this place and going home but I was sad I 'll never see him again. The thought made me sick.

I landed back in England, Nick and Josh were there to pick me up from the airport. He was going to say something but one look at my face he kept  his mouth shut. The ride from the airport how was beyond awkward, I was quiet only answered in the affirmative when Josh spoke to me.

We got home I showered and after a glass of milk, went to the stable to check on my horses. Looking at my stallion I just couldn't shake off the feeling I got remembering how he stood tall, how power radiated off him. He oozed confidence.