Epilogue

One year later

Anisa.

" It's a girl!!!" Yelled Hassan, who had a victorious smile as he burst out of the room. Someone would have thought that he gave birth to a child. Not his wife.

"IT'S A GIRL!" Next My mom squealed and pulled Hassan In to a tight hug.

" You're a father, I'm a grandmother! This was the best news I've ever had in a while. Let me phone and tell everyone!" She sprinted off with her phone to a side, and stared to call everyone she knows.

" Its a girl! Oh my Allah... I hope she has Aaliya's nose and Hassan's eyes..." I let out a sigh, already started to dream about the possibilities.

" But I wished it was a boy... I've always wanted a small boy..." Said Ilma with a dejected look. Rahma gawked at her, mouth slightly ajar.

"What! Ilma... That's so rude. And its like you are questioning the qala qadr of Allah. He knows what's best and everything happens for a reason. Didn't you see how thrilled Hassan was? What will happen if he or Aaliya heard you?"

" Yah yah I know Rahma. I didn't mean anything wrong or bad... I just said I wish it was a boy."
"Hopefully Aaliya might get a boy next time..." She added as a after thought.

Rahma giggled.
" Well I hope so In shaa Allah..."
Automatically our gaze moved to the crowd gathered near Aaliya's room. And I saw two people I never expected to see.
I smiled and went to greet them.

" Assalamu aleikum Aunty and Hilma."

She and Hilma returned my salam back with a smile.
" So how are you Anisa? We came as soon as we got the news..."

"I'm fine Alhamdulillah Aunty. " I hesitated for a moment, but my curiosity was eating me inside.
" How is Imshad? When will he come back?"

" Didn't I tell you mom, she would surely ask about Him?" Said Hilma with a grin. I couldn't help but laugh at the way she said it.

" What do you say ? Shall we tell her mom?" Hilma asked teasingly.
"After all, she has waited for one whole year..."

"What is it?" I jumped in to the middle of the conversation.

" First allow me to congratulate you for getting a good score in your O/l dear..." Aunty said with a smile. Which reminded the difference I'm facing right now. One year ago, this was the women who hated me and thought that I was not good enough for her son. Once again I thanked Allah for the blessings he has given to me. I was so busy thinking about this and missed half of what aunty was saying. But fortunately, not the important part.

"....And Well, Imshad 'might' come tomorrow. He said us not to tell, but I didn't want you to get a heart attack if you saw him at once. And he has changed a lot ...."
Aunty said with a smile.

"OMA! Really? Two good news at one day!" I started to jump up and down amid their laughter. Then I saw my mom coming toward us. I left them to talk with each other and came back.

" So what did Hilma said to make you jump like a monkey ?" Rahma questioned .

" I got to know that Imshad will be coming tomorrow and I feel so elated!" I rambled on, not even bothering to pay attention of what I'm saying.

" Seem likes the wedding bells are about to ring..." Said Ilma with a mischievous smirk.

" Nope, I think before my engagement bells, Rahma's wedding bells might ring..." I replied. Rahma's eyes was down casted, a sign that she was embarrassed.

" I don't think he will have the Nikah soon, but I think he-"

" Come on, we all know Ahmad desperately want you in his arms..." I said while Ilma was trying her best not to laugh. But soon I joined her. And Rahma too. Our laugh earned many eyebrows raised, amused glance from the onlookers. But as usual,
We didn't care.