TORN TO P I E C E S 36

Imshad

Imshad

" No Hassan, you can't come with us... It's too risky."
We were standing outside my house. Finally, today we will be going to meet them. Maybe I might not come Alive, but I will save her if it cost my life. Hassan glared at me.

" She is my sister Imshad!
I need to be with her! No I'm coming with you'll."

"NO! " Hassan was taken aback by my sudden outburst.
" Don't be a idiot Hassan. You have a wife, a family to take care of. I will never allow you to come with me..."

"I don't need your permission Imshad. What about your Family then? And I'm sure we will be alright. Once They got to know you broke up with Jasmine, they will let her go." He replied stubbornly.

I let out a deep sign. I didn't have the heart to tell him that this will not be easy as he thinks. Shazim didn't want to kidnap Anisa, he wanted me. He wanted revenge. I doubt he will let me away easily. What criminal would do that? There is 99.9℅ of me getting killed today. But I didn't want Hassan to know that. So I decided to approach him in a smooth manner.

" Listen Hassan, as you know we can't inform the police about this unless we are absolutely certain of the situation. So I need someone to alert the police on the location on the correct time. And don't worry about my family, they are born to handle business. If something happen to me, the business will be handover to my sister. But right now, the most important matter is Anisa..."

Hassan kept staring at me for a moment.All at once,
He smiled with a hint of sadness.

" Well, you nailed it to the point. So when will you be leaving?"

I checked my watch.
"In about Half and hour.
But-" I was stopped in the middle of my sentence by zaid.

" Everything is ready sir. But are you sure about this? Remember, they can be highly trained criminals. I'm still in my opinion about Involving the police."

"No zaid, I can't do that.
If I did that, Jasmine will fall in to more trouble. Even though I hate her, I don't want be the reason for her arrest. Plus If they got to know that we involved police, Anisa will be in trouble. So no, will go according to our plan and leave the rest of it to Allah."

Zaid came and slapped my shoulder .
" don't worry sir... Allah is with you and so do we. We will alert the police as soon as you reached the location sir. I know this Is something illegal, but we are doing this for a good cause. Good luck sir."
His words left me speechless. But before I could thank him, Hassan came to me.

"I don't know how I'm suppose to thank you. You are risking your life to save my sister. I know you can do it. Let the past be in past. Maybe we can have a fresh start as brothers after all of this chaos. May Allah be with you Imshad."

And at that moment, my mom choose to enter the scene With a bright smile which didn't suit the mood at all .

"Imshad, when you are coming back after the meeting, can you get me some whipped cream and strawberry? I need to try a new dessert for the engagement."

My mom was bursting with happy vibes that she totally failed to notice the pity expressions on Zaid's and Hassan's face.

"A...alright mom. I'll get those ..."

My mother frowned at me.
"Imshad...are you feeling alright?" She touched my
forehead and gasped.

" You are burning Imshad! Why didn't you tell me? Come let's go to the doctor. Cancel your meeting..."

Gently I took her hand away from my forehead.
" No mom, I can't cancel this meeting. We can go to the doctor after the meeting mom." I said with a smile.
But inside, I was weeping.

"Oh ok then, Don't forget to give me a call after the meeting. " she said anxiously before going inside.

I took a deep breath and nodded at them and looked at my house for a couple of seconds. I was incapable of expressing what I felt that moment .Then I turned away and got into my car.

***
I picked up Jasmine from her house. Surprisingly, she was wearing a long top and a baggy jeans and less makeup. Her eyes were bloodshot and swollen. Once in a while, she would stare at me , guilt written all over her face. But I ignored her.
I've wasted so many days bothering about her, planing a future with her. But all was ruined in a second. Well more specifically, The feeling I had for her was ruined.

"Imshad... Are you still angry with me?

I didn't reply. She was silent for a moment.

"Imshad... I'm really so-"

"Keep your apology for yourself Jasmine. Let me concentrate about what I've got to do." I replied calmly.
She stared at me, probably unable to believe that how could I be so calm. Maybe she thought I'm losing my mind . whatever, I don't care.

After about half and hour I got a call from Zaid.
" Yes, just now we arrived to the place they asked us to come . So far no one is here. Anyway, be prepared. Yes... Don't worry, I'll be carful."

I ended the call and came out of my car. Except for the trees, the whole place was deserted. I scanned around for a barn or for a house but I couldn't find anything. I rubbed my hands to feel warm. The sun was sinking through the horizon, but I was not in a mood for sightseeing. Once again I wondered why would they wanted to meet us in evening instead of morning.
Jasmine broke the silence.

" Imshad I-"

" Why don't you give a call to your boyfriend and make sure this is the right place?"

Jasmine glared at me, probably irritated with my behavior.

" This is the place. And the phone has been switched off after the last call he made."

" So you tried to call him back? How cute." I Snickered.

Now she looked completely pissed.
" I was not! Even If I did , its none of your business. "

" Then You should have gone with Shazim the moment he asks you too. Would have saved a lot of trouble. And Anisa would have been safe too."

" Anisa! Anisa! Anisa! Don't you another name beside Anisa? What's so special about that pathetic girl?". She yelled.

" She was a loyal girl unlike you jasmine! She didn't switch boyfriends like you!"

We were completely oblivious to our surrounding due to the fight. A loud screech was heard behind us. All at once,Jasmines eyes went wide. I was about to turn when a cloth was pressed on my face . the last thing I remembered was Jasmine's yell before I passed out .

-----------------------------

Assalamu aleikum :)

I'm sorry for leaving you'll with a cliffhanger, but It was necessary.
Don't worry, the next chap will be super intense in Shaa Allah.

And please don't forget to leave your comments and votes.
And to my silent readers- please don't hesitate to leave a comment/ vote if you'll can :) :)

Have a nice day :)