TORN TO P I E C E S 40

Anisa

Anisa

I was having breakfast in the dinning room. It was a pleasant day with warm sunlight seeping through the window. We couldn't have the sleepover as we planed because, Ilma's mom wanted her to come home. So we planed to meet again at Rahma's house.

" Anisa?" My thoughts were diverted by my Father's voice.

" Yah dad?"

" I wanted to ask something from you, how would you feel if you got a chance to spend the day in a beautiful garden with lakes and boat ride?"

I felt my heart flutter with excitement. It has been quit a long time since I went a trip. I was ready even to go to the park because I was so bored of staying in my house. And the other reason was, I had a lot to catch up with my studies. So a break and a day spend sound like Paradise to me.

" Dad can-"

My dad cut offed me in the middle of the sentence with a chuckle.

" I know what you are going to ask. You want Ilma and Rahma to come with you right?don't worry, I've already informed their parents, they will be here by 4 clock in shaa Allah. So why don't you go and help mom and Aailya to prepare some snacks"?

I burst into the kitchen. Both my mother and Aaliya turned, startled.

"Dadaskedmetohelpyoudoyouneedanything?" The excitement made all my words jumble.

" What?" Both of them asked, confused at my sudden outburst.

I took a deep breath.
" Dad asked me to help you'll. Do you'll need anything?"

Aaliya and my mother started to laugh. I joined them. You see, my mother has a infectious but a beautiful laugh. Usually she just smile. But when she laugh, she makes everyone around her laugh too. I've never heard her laughing like this.

" OMA...Anisa, what will you do next?" My mother asked me while wiping the tears from her eyes.

I grinned at her
" Umm...I don't know, why don't you tell me what to do mom?"

Shaking her head, my mother turned to Aaliya with a teasing look .

" What shall we give for this trouble maker Aaliya?"

" How about we let her to make the French fries Aunty? And I think the work is almost over except for that, I can manage the rest . Anisa will help me too..."

My mother looked at her with concern.
" Are you sure dear? I allowed you to work until now only because you insisted. You go and take a rest. I'll do them."

Aaliya smiled at her reassuringly.
" Oh it's OK aunty, I can manage. You can go. Plus Uncle might love to hear what Anisa did right now."

My eyes were traveling between them. I felt like I'm watching a Indian drama. A moment between mother in law and daughter in law. Fortunately, unlike in those, they didn't have any problems at all. The only fights they had was taking turn in cooking because both of them want to do it and always insist the other person to rest. The fights they have was always a entertainment for the rest of us . I always hope that I would get a mother in law like my mom. Aaliya broke my thought bubble.