TORN TO P I E C E S 3

A N I S A

A N I S A

After the school over I bid bye to my friends and got in to a bus. Even though I wanted to go the class, part of me wished I was with my friends chilling. But I want good grades. To get that I'm supposed to sacrifice some things when it come to studies.

" You better pay attention if you ever want a good grade girl ".
I huffed to my self wishing I could block this annoying mind voice, partly annoying yet partly true even if I'm not willing to believe it most of the times.

When I reached home no one was in and I was used to it. You see, my dad is a businessmen and my mother is working as a Secretary for him. So they had to travel all the time due to their busy schedule . And my brother is studying abroad and it has been years since I saw him. Even though I love them more than anything, they are too busy for me. But I guess I cant blame my parents because all they wanted is a good future for us. And also no matter what, your parents are the only one who will remain with you until the end. Unlike many people in my age, I realize it. Also I've heard that prophet (pbuh) has told that the jannah lies under our mothers feet.(well to be honest I'm not much of a religious person yet I know many things regarding islam )

I took my sweet time to get dress. While I was walking suddenly it s began to rain. I couldn't believe my luck!(note the sarcasm). And to top on to it, I had forgotten my umbrella too.( I blame myself for paying more attention to my dress than the weather forecast) I was grumbling to my self when someone spoke behind me.

" Want a shade? " I turned back and saw a boy standing behind me with an umbrella. The first thing that strike about him to me was his playful smile. His smile and a face lit the gloomy gray background.

''Danger alert !
A handsome boy+ umbrella+ standing alone = be on your guard''
my mind screamed to me. But my heart kept me staring at that smile. It made me see the whole thing in a new perspective.

1- If a attractive guy is with an umbrella and he offer you it would you say no ? And what harm would it do? It would be rude to say no.( I'm a very polite girl as you'll can see)

2- If i didn't accept it, I will have to wait 3 hours in the class shivering in cold.( I really worked hard with my outfit today)

After considering the options , I said yes.
( I bet you'll didn't expect it, ohh and another reason was: it sound like a thing a heroin would do in a book. This was once a life time opportunity and I was under his umbrella while I kept thinking the options so...)

He walked me to the bus halt and waited until I get on. Every single step made my heart flutter and gave me a stupid grin, but I hoped no one saw me. Fortunately no one was out. I was tempt to ask many things from him, but I kept quit.

Not a word was exchanged, But when he smiled at me, I felt something I have never felt in my 18 years. It was a unexplainable feeling. It was like the sun rays after a heavy rain. It was like the moonlight pouring through a dark night... it was like-

All at once , I was glad about not listening to my mind for the first time in my life and not going with my friends . And most of all , for forgetting my umbrella.

I couldn't concentrate in my class work. Because the mystery boy kept me distracted with many questions and with his smile the whole time. It was raining heavily outside, but I felt warm inside. And it was really cool with the A/C on to it maximum ( now who would on the A/C when the temperature is super cool? But my sir wanted to keep it)
Everyone was shivering , but that sudden warmth kept on spreading through my body
along with the memory of him.