Serenaded Sunflowers: Chapter 9

well, here it is! finally, chapter 9 of ss.  i think that you guys will like it, but i can't know unless you comment or vote!!!!!!!!! off to the side is a picture of timothy, a.k.a jerkface,lol, but umm, the song is there too if you've never heard it.  without further a doo, here it is !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 of Serenaded Sunflowers

Santiago’s POV

The bass of the music pulsating from the speakers vibrated from the floor throughout my veins. The infamous red cup was circulated all throughout the room, either held up in the air or thrown onto the floor. There was barely any room to walk, as I squeezed through everyone dancing on one another, trying to get back to where Luke and the rest of the gang were. I had gone to get one of my own red cups, filled with I don’t even know what, getting a grasp on the feel of college partying. One smell of the drink and anyone would find out that there was some hard liquor put into the mix. I wasn’t a devoted member of AA, so one drink wouldn’t hurt.

We had been at the party for about an hour now, and I was having the time of my life. Lately it had all been about school and practice and homework and practice again, so it felt nice to just let loose. I didn’t have a care in the world right now, except for not spilling this drink all over my tank top. This seriously needed to become a regular thing, because it was a stress reliever. Some people did yoga and some people meditated, but no, Santiago Rosario Hernandez liked to party her ass off.

Luke was standing in the corner as well as everybody else when I reached them. Spending time with him was also a major plus. It wasn’t like the usual squeezed in hour or half-hour that we had. This was a I-get-to-spend-as-much-time-as-I-want-with-him night, one we didn’t get too often. Hopefully he would be able to sleep over with me tonight, as Chelsea most likely would be spending her night with Isaac as well. Being wrapped inside of his arms would be the best end to this night.

“Took you long enough,” he commented once I reached him.

“I was busy checking out all the other hockey players. I have to weigh out all my options if it turns out that you suck at hockey,” I teased.

“Well aren’t you a comedian tonight,” he smiled, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards him, chest to chest.

“Maybe so, maybe not.” We were both slowly leaning in, and soon our lips connected and it was magical. My free hand curled around his neck, getting lost in his hair. His hands wrapped tighter around my waist, his hands giving me a light squeeze. I wasn’t aware of the extremely loud music invading my ears, or the enormous amount of people that kept bumping into my back. But the lips that were currently moving against mine, that had my complete and utmost attention.

But, of course, someone had to ruin this amazing moment. And who better than Ian to do it.

“Oh my God, I’m Santiago and I just love to kiss my boyfriend every single minute of the day,” he imitated my voice, which was extremely too high pitched to be even close to how I sound. “You know, it’s quite repulsive to see you guys swallowing each other’s tongues like that. In fact, I think all the trash on the floor might just be vomit.” He was right next to our faces, screaming at the top of his lungs nevertheless. I tried to pay him no mind, raising my middle finger and shoving it in his face, not taking my lips off of Luke’s. But, with the combined laughter of Ian and all five people behind us, Luke emitted a chuckle and pulled away from me.

“Ugh, you guys suck,” I complained.

“Mission accomplished,’ Ian said, and then walked away and returned to the group, who were all still red in the face from laughing so hard. I just stood there, pouting like a four year old, crossing my arms and stomping my foot on the ground. I was definitely being overdramatic, but it was just a reflex. When the chips are down, being overdramatic is the definite way to go.