Now the Ysa that appeared at the top of the steps was the Ysa I knew. The Ysa who loved beautiful dresses and everything in between.

There she stood, tattoos, blonde hair and all, but despite that she still was, and I hate to admit this, the most beautiful girl in this room.

"Hey Athena, Bryce! You made it." She smiled at us.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Bryce commented.

"Yeah, it's your birthday after all." I smiled at her.

"I'll give you a break today good girl. I kinda like everyone today." She laughed at herself.

"That's... Good. I guess?" I said unsure.

"Well I'll see you guys later. There are a lot more people here." She said as she left us.

"That was... Odd." I told Bryce.

"You think? I find it nice seeing her like this. Not throwing insults." He told her.

Bryce went off to join some of his friends from the team leaving me, all on my own.

"Hey Athena." Someone spoke from behind me.

I turned around to see Jacob in a black button down and black pants.

"Seriously. Isn't this like a formal event?" I asked laughing at him.

"Yeah but the invitation requested the boys to at least be in a button down and pants. Which I am." He pointed out.

"Of course you know how to find a loophole." I commented.

"That's not very nice. Is it?" He asked me.

"I'm more on stating the facts really." She told him.

"Of course you are. Drink?" He said offering me a glass.

"No thank you." I politely declined.

"Aw come on. It's just apple juice." He smiled.

"No thank you. Knowing you, it's more than just apple juice." I pointed out.

"Okay so maybe there's something in here that's not apple juice but it's probably 90 percent apple juice." He said still offering his glass.

"I smell the alcohol Jacob. Don't try to fool me. That is way more than 10 percent booze." I pointed out.

"You have a habit of ruining the fun, don't you Ms. Athena." He laughed at her.

"So not true." I denied.

I hated being called a kill joy. I know I may be a little uptight but I don't want to be a prude.

"Well then show me you can have some fun. Dance with me." He said putting the glass down on the table and holding his hand out.

I don't know wether to accept it or not. Everyone was dancing, either with their friends or their significant other.

"I don't know how to dance." I reasoned.

"You'll catch on." He said as he took my hand and dragged me into the sea of dancing people.

"Come on." He said as he placed one hand on my waist and held the other.

"I never knew you could dance like this." I commented.

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me." He told me.

We danced together to a beautiful song. It felt right at the same time I found it odd.