1.6 Blood and Tears

Start from the beginning

"Who's this?" Sam asked when she came into stride with Spencer and Lennon. "It's our new neighbor, Lennon," Spencer said, "Lennon, this is my sister Sam." "Nice to meet you, Sam," Lennon said while looking down at her feet.

"Ditto," was all that Sam responded with. They walked a few more houses up before stopping short at an older more run down looking house that was a few blocks from the school. "Why are we stopping?" asked Lennon looking confused.

"Oh, Sam's friend lives here, her mom likes us to walk with her to school," Spencer replied while raising an eyebrow.

"Kirhsten!" Sam yelled loudly enough for Lennon to cover her ears momentarily. "So lady like aren't we?" asked Spencer with a giggle while pushing Sam. "Whatever," Sam replied while walking towards the house.

A girl then came out of the front door. She was slender, with stacked sandy blond hair. She was very girly and had pretty green eyes. She wore a pair of jeans that fit her hips nicely, and a black dress shirt that had short puffs at the sleeves, and the neck was decorated with lace, she also wore glasses, but wasn't at all nerdy looking.

She silently walked up to the other girls, looking confused at Lennon's presence.

Sam walked up to her and started whispering something that Lennon couldn't hear. After that, they continued in the direction of their school. At the stop sign of the block before the school, Sam and Kirhsten both stopped short and started talking amongst themselves again.

Lennon started walking across the street when she noticed Spencer and the other girls were not behind her. "Are you guys coming?" she asked as she stopped and looked over her shoulder.

"Do you really want to go to school that bad?" Sam asked a look of pity on her face.

"What are you talking about?" Lennon asked turning around and took a few steps back towards them. "Were going to ditch," said Spencer, "you want in?" she asked with a giggle.

"Oh, I don't know," said Lennon looking over her shoulder at the school. "What are you guys going be doing?" she asked raising an eyebrow of interest. "Stuff," this time Kirhsten answered.

She still had the same blank look on her face; this worried Lennon because she couldn't read her very well. "I think I better get to school," Lennon said reluctantly turning around and walking towards the school.

Then she saw them. The goons, as Spencer had called them. They were all standing on the front steps of the school entrance, all staring at Lennon. Jenny stood with her arms crossed, a look of trouble beamed in her eyes and burned holes in Lennon, and standing beside her was Hartley.

The other girls who Lennon had not been introduced too stood on both sides of the other girls. They looked intimidating, that was the only way to describe them. Lennon looked at them and then at the door to the school, she didn't know of any other way in.

She looked over her shoulder and saw Spencer, Sam, and Kirhsten all walking down the street, then she looked back at the goons, waiting to pounce. She whirled around and started jogging after her friends Could she call them that?

Friends? She had never really had friends before. "Hey guys, wait up," she yelled in the direction of Spencer and the others. Sam turned around and saw Lennon running in their direction and stopped the other two. "Looks like there is hope for her after all," Spencer said as they waited for her to catch up to them.

"You guys just seemed like more fun," Lennon said. "What are friends for?" Spencer said with a big smile. "See I told you guys she would be cool," Spencer said once again punching Sam in the arm in a joking matter. Lennon smiled to herself.