"Come on." Harper groaned, her hand reached out and gripped Luke's as she pulled him into the forest. Harper slowed as she let Luke lead her the rest of the way, due to her lack of coordination skills.

"Is this the same lake we went to the other day?" Harper asked after they had trekked through the forest for a few minutes. A smile found its way onto Luke's face, happy that she had remembered the lake. Hopefully this time would be as good as the last.

"I didn't bring bathers. God, Luke why didn't you tell me?" Harper let out a huff as she lightly punched Luke in the bicep, she caused nothing but a grin to appear on his face.

"You can just wear your bra and underwear." He hinted. The green-eyed girl shook her head in mock disgust as she shoved the blue-eyed boy back, before she stripped down to her undergarments. Harper shivered as the cold water ran around her ankles, sucked in a deep breath, and ran into the water until her entire body was drenched in the icy water.

She turned and stared at Luke who was only knee-deep, no signs of the icy water affecting him. Harper's green eyes glanced over Luke's body, he was shirtless which showed off his abs and the underwear he had on revealed a semi-prominent v-line. Her mouth started to go dry, the longer she stared.

Luke smirked as he waded towards Harper. He knew that she was checking him out, and that only boosted his ego as he continued to swim over to Harper who shivered slightly. As soon as Luke reached her, he wrapped his arms around her in a warm embrace, hoping to protect her from the nightly chill that lingered in the air.

The duo stayed in the water for well over an hour before Luke suggested that they should get out, he noticed that Harper was shivering more and more even though he had secretly increased the water temperature, although not on a noticeable level. Harper let out a whine as Luke's arms retreated from around her body.

"I'll go get the towels and some blankets, wait in the water, it'll be warmer than getting out." Luke gave her a quick kiss, one that lingered on Harper's lips well after he had gone. She sighed and started to swim around, trying to entertain herself until Luke returned with the promised blankets and towels.

Harper had only swam for a few minutes before she started to feel the temperature increasing, her body no longer shivered, instead it began to sweat. She frowned, confused at the sudden change but thought nothing off it as she pushed herself underwater, she hoped to cool herself down slightly. She screamed as something clamped itself around her ankle and gave a vicious tug, she felt a burning sensation before the pressure was gone, although something still held her firmly underwater.

She tried to scream for Luke. She knew that she wouldn't be able to hold her breath after she had screamed, so she may as well be as loud as possible. A few tears slipped out of her eyes and joined the now icy water of the lake around her. Her heart accelerated before starting to slow down, just as her vision started to get hazy. Her mind drifted away as her arms and legs became limp.

Luke grabbed the abundance of towels and blankets from the car, before quickly making his way back to Harper, not wanting to keep her in the cold water for too long. He was only a few minutes away from Harper when a strange sensation overcame his senses, the water around him was screaming for help, warning him of a nearby danger. He swore quietly before and took off into a sprint, dropped the fluffy items on the ground by the lake before he dove straight into the lake.