"Yeah that's why." I went with it.

"Oh sorry," He apologized seeming sincere. "So Miss Jauregui has the cutest booty ever," He was actually imagining. His eyes were glowing. His sincerity went out the window, along with a gum wrapper that I just threw out. I threw the gum in my mouth and began chewing. "Her ass looks so firm," He went on and on.

"Okay Shawn. You need to stop." I murmured.

"Fine," he was pretending to be hurt. His lips pouted, making him look really cute. He folded his hands behind his head, getting comfortable in the car. "Maybe Vero already left, let's go," He was getting frustrated, especially because the sunlight was shining in his eyes. His eyes squinted while putting down the sun visor.

"I agree," Dinah yawned, covering her face with a sweater that I had in the back seat.

It didn't feel right to just leave like that, but maybe they were right. Vero probably left us without realizing. After all, we weren't exactly paying attention, just conversing. And where did that take us? Nowhere. It was useless; nothing came out of it.

"Okay, let's go." I turned on the engine and they buckled up.

Pulling out of the parking spot, I kept my eyes open for Vero, but she was nowhere to be seen. 

______________________________________________________________________________

The next day in class, Lauren was behaving a lot more different than usual. Almost distracted. She was making mistakes throughout the lesson. To get her more on her toes, I kept raising my hand and correcting her. That was really getting to her because when she was feeling uneasy, her lips would press together.

We were graphing at the moment.

"And next, you go up two," she demonstrated. Immediately, I stared at her, realizing there was a mistake. I raised my hand, which she tried ignoring, but I was waving it like a maniac in the air. "Yes Camila?" Ha, she had to call me, teachers couldn't ignore students.

"You were supposed to go down, not up," I corrected.

"I had already realized that," she claimed. Well she did, but I wanted to pretend like I didn't know. Turning away from me, she erased the mistake, and wrote it down correctly. "We'll be having a small quiz right now." She informed, causing us to put our heads down in distress.

"How many questions?" Someone asked.

"Ten," She replied. She stepped aside and asked, "Did everyone write everything down?" Once everyone was done, she erased the board. "Okay, put everything away, just have a pencil out." She instructed.

Lauren walked to her desk, looking through a pile of papers. Seeing that she was handing out the quiz desk by desk, I decided to make small talk with Lucy. Only to make Lauren jealous. From her distraction in class today, she was clearly focusing on us. That's why she was messing up here and there.

"Hey, did you understand the lesson?" I started the conversation.

Her hand made a somewhat motion, "Sort of. It was a bit confusing because of all the mistakes that were being made." She excused; I nodded my head. I agreed with her. "I hope I do okay on the quiz." She hoped, biting on the tip of her thumb.

"You will, don't worry," I leaned over to her, scooting my chair closer to her desk. I put my hand over hers when I saw that Lauren neared our desks.

Lucy smiled, "Thank you Camila, you're so nice." She commented. "And beautiful," She complimented and blushed. Okay, that was nice of her? By the way, Lauren heard that.