Chapter 18 - Oh Marjorie

Start from the beginning

"Hey guys, just coming to check in." I announce once they're quiet.

"Oh, uh, hi. We're doing great." Patrick mumbles.

"Awesome. I was also wondering, Hayley and I wanted to use one of the hand drums, and the guitars eventually so..." I say, not exactly knowing how to ask for their guitars.

"Oh yeah, uh, sure. I think we're almost done here, so we'll hand them over in a bit." Pete pipes up.

"And I think there's a hand drum you can sit on, kinda those box types, in the closet over there." Andy points to the closet, drumstick still in hand.

"Great, thanks guys! Also, you sound really good. I can't wait to hear you guys play." I say, heading towards the closet to retrieve the drum. I walk inside and instantly hear muttered laughs from Joe and Pete. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing. Just. You're uh, in the closet." Pete announces, bursting out laughing. My face gets red, but the joke is pretty funny.

"Not like you all weren't." I throw back with a smirk. Patrick blushes and Andy remains quietly focused on his drum sticks, Pete and Joe exploding again in a roar of laughs.

"Not bad, Lynn." Joe says.

"Same to you." I reply. "Well, thanks for this. I'll be off now, and I think some stuff's gonna play soon just a heads up. We don't really have an order yet, but you'll probably go after Hayley and I. Then to start us off, some band wanted to come in and try out some stuff too. They have their own equipment and whatever, so we don't need to worry about that." I explain.

"Woah nice, what band?" Andy asks, finally speaking.

"I don't remember the name, Set... Set something. On Fire? I dunno, I'll let you guys know whenever I find out." I reply with a laugh.

"Alright cool. Well, we'll just be in here, with this lonely empty closet, awaiting the next gay victim to it's terrible fashion sense." Joe says.

"Hey, we've got such good fashion sense, all the malls and whatever are probably jealous of us. Closets can good in that area." Pete throws back.

"Huh, that sounds like it could be a song lyric. Maybe not this song, but another one." Patrick announces.

"What, the thing about closets?" Pete asks, slightly confused and surprised.

"No no, the thing about fashion sense."

"Oh, yeah. That could be something. Write it down."

"Well, you guys do your stuff, I'll be out here." I say, bidding them farewell again. They wave, then get back into their swing of things.

I walk back to find Hayley talking to a group of four guys, geared up with instruments and in not the usual prom clothes. They were mainly dressed in layers, tight jeans with tank tops or t-shirts with flannels and jackets layered on top. I approached them and they all turned to greet me. One of the guys reaches out to shake my hand, which I accept and return the favor. He has brown hair with long bangs that kinda cover his eyes. He's dressed in blue skinny jeans, a gray shirt, and a black jacket with the sleeves slightly rolled, revealing a ton of bracelets on his wrists. His ears are slightly stretched with gauges, and he also has a lip ring.

"Hi, I'm Cody!" He says, introducing himself.

"Lynn. Nice to meet you." I return. I turn to the other boys, reaching my hand out to meet them all.

"Hey I'm Dan. Nice to meet you, Lynn." The next person says. He has dark skin and hair, a slight beard forming along his chin. He, like Cody, also has guages. He wears a backwards baseball cap, a purple checkered shirt, and a black leather jacket on top. I nod to say my hellos.