Chapter 16 - This Ain't A Scene, It's A Dance Dance

Patrick's POV

I wake up with a start, like I tend to do nowadays, my eyes flying open and I frantically check the time as if I was going to be late for something. But it's Saturday. No school. What do I have today that's lingering in the back of my mind to make me wake up so fast? I glance over at my alarm clock and it reads 4:32am. Yikes.

THE DANCE. Or, party. I'm still confused on what it is exactly. I guess a mixture of both? This ain't a scene, it's a dance party thing. But yes, that thing. That's what's going on today. Dear lord I'm so anxious. So many people I don't know will be there. But there will also be Pete. And Brendon and, Gerard I think his name is, then his... boyfriend? I don't know, that small Frank guy. It's cool to have someone else on the shorter height range, so I'm not alone wandering the halls with 5'11" Ryan Ross and 6'4" Dallon Weekes. Dear god I wish I was tall. Regardless of morning thoughts, I should get up.

I get out of bed and head to the bathroom, wash my face clean of evidence of sleep, brush my teeth, comb my greasy hair and realize I could probably use a shower. I hop in the shower and wash my hair, making sure to turn the water off in between shampoos. I'm such a nerd for saving water, but hey, it could be put to use in the future too maybe... Imagine going into a drought in say, I dunno, 2016, and then having to do this to save water. That's a thought.

I finish up, then get dressed and ready for the day, nearly forgetting it's barely 5 am. After my basic morning routine, I can't decide what to do next, so I get out my lyric book. I then fumble through my backpack, looking for a writing utensil.

"Give me a pen, give me a pen." I mutter to myself, talking to inanimate objects I guess, in hopes that my bag will magically spit a pen at me. With almost magic, I find a pen shortly after. I then look back at my lyric book.

I wonder if I'll ever actually do anything with this stuff. Like, I can play drums, guitar, piano, bass, trumpet...and I guess my voice is okay.

Putting the thought to the side, I read through some of my most recent stuff, humming a random tune as I read them. Then again a few times till I kinda get a random tune that sorta fits.

Dance, this is the way they'd love if they knew how misery loved me.

Sounds interesting. I apparently like this whole "dance" vibe I've been putting into random lyrics I guess. Maybe it could tie together into a song? And Pete writes stuff too, he plays bass probably better than I can. We did mention maybe writing stuff together. That would be pretty cool. Just nerves though.

Me and Pete, in the wake of Saturday. The line I created at the beginning of the week pops back into my head. It's a Saturday now, finally. I'll get to see Pete again, and hopefully I'll be able to kinda, start fresh I guess. I'm so anxious to be someplace where I barely know anyone, but at the same time I can't wait. I'm afraid I'll mess something up with Pete, but yet, I don't care what he thinks... as long as it's about me.

Wow that sounds like it could take a dirty turn. I shudder as my stomach is filled with butterflies at the thought of certain things.

Why don't you show me a little bit of spine you've been saving for his mattress, love.

I write the line down on the page with my other "dance" lyrics, as I've now labeled the page. I draw another heart around "love," blushing as I do so. Taking a look at my lyric book as a whole, it looks like a teenage girl's diary fantasizing about her crush, you know, all 'pop punk' as they call it, with the pink fur all on it, the key to keep it locked, a matching pink glitter pen that has a second side with invisible ink that's only seen under blacklight. I like it. And I really like blacklight ink. I always find it so fun to hide messages within things, like highlight certain letters in a phrase so then when you put it all together it makes a whole different phrase.

Fear is killing us. But true love can survive.

That's a cool sounding thing I would love to hide in something else someday. Maybe it'll be my own album. Who knows. I can dream right?

I flip through my book to find where I wrote that phrase before. Eventually I find a series of pages with doodles of boxes and odd shapes, drawings of people in suits and fingerless gloves with spiky hair, odd shapes and lights all around, along with assorted lyrics. It has a whole different vibe than the stuff I'm currently working on, but it's still pretty cool. Still has a kinda punk vibe... just more soul to it. Huh. I like the sound of that. Punk vibe with soul. Punk n' Soul. Soul of a punk. Soul Punk. I write that at the top of the beginning page of the new genre type vibe whatever you would call it.

Skimming through the pages in this section, I get a glimpse of random lyrics and more obscure drawings. Maybe Gerard would be interested in seeing all this art stuff.

I find a page that just has big words all over it.

It's gonna get better.

I had written it in huge letters, filling up the page, and then decorating around it. Seems like something I would do. I skip to another page, this one blank. My mind still on those certain things, I decide to think up something more upbeat and thrilling I guess you could say.

Brendon I don't think is very religious, but he's really into this whole 'sinning' stuff. He's mentioned a few times how he "writes sins, not tragedies" whenever any mention of more depressing lyrics were brought into conversation. Sins. What could be a sin. Well, there's a lot of things I can think of. What's more artistic for a song though? Well, perhaps a desire instead of basic emotion. Of course there's sad, happy, angry. Desires seem a lot more interesting to write about though. Jealousy, lust, consumption, greed.

Consumption is consuming me.

That's definitely interesting.

Greed, one of the seven deadly sins.

There we go, tied the sin thing into it. How can I add even more sin though?

You know, very rarely is good art born in the boardroom.

(Pop your white collars up!)

*insert grunts here*

I make a note for myself in asterisks in case I ever want to try recording something of this. Anyway, enough of that. I'm putting stuff off.

Me and Pete. Saturday. Dance thing. Oh yeah, I should figure out how that's going to work. What I should wear, if I should bring anything, all that. Yeah, I should get a move on that. Time's ticking away.

Note to self: Set my clocks early, you know I'm always late.

AN: yay an update! sorry it's been a while. BUT HEY LOOK IM ALMOST AT 1k VIEWS FOR THIS STORY TYSM!! I keep saying i'm getting close to the main excitement of this story and then add in another random chapter, buT I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME, LIKE NEXT IS A PETE CHAPTER AND IT'S LITERALLY GONNA BE AT THE DANCE DANCE THING SO YEAH THIS IS EXCITING, I HAVE THE MAIN MEAT OF THIS PART ALREADY WRITTEN OUT BECAUSE I COULDN'T WAIT YIKES

also, I've been reading back through the document I write this in and there's a lot of grammatical and continuity errors, so I might go back and edit it in the doc, then republish a lot of it on here so it's fixed and updated. so yeah. that's it for now. sTAY TUNED FOR EXCITEMENT and please comment on my stuff c: