Step! Step! Step!

I was practically running now. I could see Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan tending to- no.

Laurance.

I ran as fast as I could to them.

"APHMAU! Aphmau, what happened here?! What happened to Laurance?"

She looked at me, looking desperate. "I don't know Garroth!! I saw him a few minutes ago and I rounded up Kawaii~Chan to help me figure out what's wrong!!"

A wave of terror rushed over me.

"Don't worry Garroth!! He isn't...dead!"

"HUH!? UHWHATYATALKINGABOUTIWASNTTHINKINGHEWASDEA--"

To be honest, that wave of terror was replaced with a wave of relief.

Aphmau laughed a bit.
"We're all worried right now. I checked his pulse. It's steady. I also checked his breathing. That's steady too...too steady. To think him collapsing would be caused by a panic attack or something. But no, it's almost like...he's asleep."

Asleep.

"We should take him to the doctor."

At the doctor...

"He...he is sleeping."

I sighed. Laurance is just sleeping! He'll be alright!

"But...he won't wake up for quite while."

I stopped.

And stared at the doctor.

"W-what do you mean...he w-won't?"

"He's in a coma."

My world stopped. I started shaking a bit. My eyes widened. Laurance...he's in a...coma...and I've heard of stories of people with comas who didn't wake up after months...years..and sone haven't even waked up...

I couldn't help myself. I started hyperventilating. I couldn't help myself, I couldn't stop. Breathing heavily...isn't my thing..I panicked. Which made it even worse.

"Uh...Garroth! What's wrong? Are you okay!? Calm down!!" Aphmau urged as she came to me. Everyone started to face me.

I clutched my chest.

"Huff...I'm f-fin- huff..."

I started to feel super light headed at this point. I tried to calm down as best I could in this situation, at one point I almost collapsed in Dante's arms, since he was trying to calm me too.

Laurance....he's in a coma.

You better wake up soon.

Back at Laurance and Garroth's house...

"You gonna be okay watching out for him Garroth?" Aphmau asked me with Dante accompanying me too.

"Yeah. I just want to...be around him. For a little while."

I stared at Laurance tucked in his bed. The late afternoon sun filtering through the window, making Laurance look gold in the sunlight. His face looking peaceful, but also a bit...conflicted. I don't know.

"I understand. I'm always next door if you need me. Hope he gets better...and don't stay too late, kay Garroth?"

"Thank you Aphmau."

"No problem!" She smiled and dissappeared.

I turned back to Laurance and pulled over a chair so I face him.

"So..." Dante started.

"You okay with this?"

"I don't know, Dante. Honestly, I didn't want it to be today."

"Yeah."

"When do you think he'll wake up?" I asked anxiously.

Dante sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Garroth, there's no telling when. The doctor said it was a coma. He could wake up tomorrow, he could wake up...much longer than that, to put it in better words. We just gotta remember to keep our heads up high and face whatever life gives us. So promise me this. No matter how long Laurance will be asleep, you will survive every minute of it. You will survive these hardships."

"...I promise Dante."

"Good."

And he dissappeared.

And that's what happened, that fateful day.

A/n
It's late. Sorry for spelling mistakes. I'm tired. Good night.