Afterschool

Garroth

As mummy drove me home to our massive mansion (surprisingly) I made a group chat with Laurance and Kenmur and talked to them.

So Kenmur, when are we getting outta here?

Depends. He replied.

But I know for sure, if Emmalyn doesn't fail, then we're outta here in three to five days. That's if we still wanna go home. Me and Garroth already experienced two, so Laurance you don't have to wait that long.

Yay!

But I'm bored, it's Thursday today, and I got nothin to do.

Why not invite Aphmau to the park again, Laurance?

Huh? I invited her to the park? Is that why they were saying that?

Who?

Oh, uh...Gene Zenix and Sasha....I kinda sorta stumbled into them.

Oh...

Well yes. Invite her to the park again. And invite me too. Pwease.

K. Gtg bye.

We ended our conversation right as I pulled up on our smooth concrete driveway, my big house's door welcoming me into what's inside.

Little did it know this still isn't the same Garroth that walked  into the door three days ago.

I managed to act cool around my family, but by 'acting cool' I mean ignoring them with every chance I get.

And today I'm planning to change that so they won't get suspicious and I'll start getting into trouble.

                              *¥*

Garte on one end.

Zianna on the other.

Little Zane across from me.

And Vylad on my right.

I quietly munched on my meatloaf and ceasar salad with my family for dinner.

Man, I haven't eaten with them like this for so long now. And Zane is adorable!!

"SO how was school dearies??" Mummy asked, all perky with her words.

"Great, mom."

Typical Zane.

"Good."

Typical me.

"Yeah. Eighth grade is fine."

Vylad?

"Oh dears, do you know how hard it is to keep track of you three?? I mean, can you believe it!? Two of my darling boys are in High School now Ohohohoh! And V's almost done with Jr. High too!"

"I honestly don't see a difference from when they were all in the same elementary school." Garte said, like he could care less.

"Oh dear that's because you don't even pay attention to them!"

"True. Zianna, did you get the bills?"

"Bills, bills, bills is all you talk about at the dinner table!! I've read that dinner is supposed to be FAMILY TIME!!"

"Ughhhh mooooom!" Zane protested as he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever you say mummy!" I answered without thinking.

Look, mummy is the best mom ever! Even if she's insane sometimes.

"OKAY THEN!! AFTER DINNER WE ALL GATHER AROUND IN THE LIVING ROOM TO PLAY BOARD GAMES! TONIGHT'S GONNA BE FAMILY GAME NIGHT! OHOHOH THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!" She exclaimed.

"U-uh...I have something else to do, you know homework!!" I said as I pulled out my chair and made a beeline for my massive room.

"Oh yeah! Gar-gar, I heard Aphmau moved back to the neighborhood!! Why not invite her over to game night so you can spend time with her!"

I froze.

HOW DID SHE KNOW ABOUT APHMAU?!

I slowly turned my head to face her.

WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO SAY!? NO?

Then Mummy would get upset and start crying and I absoluetly hate it when I make her sad!

"U-u-uhh n-no it's okay m-mummy I-I already invited her to t-the park th-this weekend!!"

"Oh alright, looks like my little Gar-gar wants some alone time with her!! Ohhh this is one step to getting a girlfriend ya know!!"

"Then you get married and have kids to worry about all the time. Along with bills." Garte said as he shook his head.

"Oh dear come on!! Not that kind of attitude again at the dinner table!"

At that Zane just gave up and went to his room too.

Vylad followed behind.

Zane and Vylad went down the hallway passed by me to go to their safehavens away from the crazy dinner table.

And that left me alone in the hallway
wondering how my family is so messed up.

Laurance

This is bad.

I'm supposed to invite Aphmau to the park!?

Honestly I just want alone time with Garroth but maybe I could let teenage me take over.

Tomorrow I have to ask her for her number so I can text her on Saturday.

                             *¥*

"Laurance? Say Laurance?"

"What is it, Cadenza?"

"Could you be a good brother and pass me some teal fabric, white silk, white netting, three sewing needles, etc. etc. etc. etc."

That was Cadenza on a typical Thursday, I figured out the hard way.

Thursday was Cadenza's free day of the week where she makes all sorts of clothes for either her or her friends.

And  I have to help her by being her lap dog and fetching everything she needs.

Why Thursday though?

Why can't she do it on a Sunday or something when I have nothing better to do?

After all, I am older than her.

And then Hayden finally steps in and calls for dinner time, right before Cadenza calls for a final wave of ALL of the assorted fabric she has because she can't figure out which color goes best with teal and white.

Saved by the bell.