Burned - Ace x Reader

When you first heard that he was in town, you hadn't really thought that much of it. What was so special about a pirate? You knew the elders feared them, but why did some of the young adore them? That's what you could never figure out. Was it because, despite their age, they saw just how corrupted the government had become and wished to rebel against it? You didn't really have an answer. 

But that wasn't really important. You had went through life normally the next two days, never running into this supposed pirate. But, on the third day while walking to work you ended up smashing into the chest of someone much taller than you. You stumbled back, your arms spread out as you tried to balance yourself. It didn't work. 

Your eyes closed as you braced for impact, but instead felt one arm snake around your waist to catch you. "Whoa there, you alright?" a soothing voice had asked as warm air had been blown onto your face. You peeked an eye open, catching sight of a new face that you had never seen before. Shaggy black hair that was covered with an orange hat. Around said hat was red beads with two faces, one smiling and one frowning while attached to the bottom of the strings was what looked like a pendent with an ox's skull in the middle. 

A similar looking kind of red beads were around the man's neck as well, resting against pale looking skin. Reddish-brown eyes stared back into your [Eye Color] eyes. Swallowing you gave a nervous smile as you nodded your head and removed yourself from the man's arms. You didn't like when people touched you. Nor did you like the heat that was emitting from the man's body. 

It felt as if you were right next to the sun. Now a few steps away from the stranger you taken note that the only piece of clothing he was wearing was a pair of black shorts with a few colorful belts attached to them and there were a few freckles splattered across his face. "I've never seen you before, are you new here?" you asked, trying to make small talk. The raven haired man blinked his eyes before giving a gentle smile as he nodded his head. 

"In fact yes, I'm here on business. I was just going to go and find a place to stay for the next few months" he responded, you nodded your head. Just as you opened your mouth to speak you stopped and bit your lip. Should you tell him? That there was really no place to stay. Around this time of year all the hotels were filled by people coming to visit the island due to its beautiful scenery. "Is something a matter?" 

"Well, you see there aren't any places available around this time of year" you said, finding it better to tell him then let him find that out by himself. Normally you didn't like talking to stranger, always afraid of what might happened. 

"Oh" the man said, his shoulders slumping as he heaved a sigh. "Guess I'm sleeping under the stars tonight" he mumbled lowly to himself. "The name's Ace by the way."

"Excuse me?"

"My name, it's Ace. I forgot to tell you it earlier, which was quite rude of me so I do apologize for that" he said with a slight bow. 'What a gentlemen' you thought, giving a slight laugh as you relaxed a little. 

"It's quite alright, my name's [Your Name]" you responded back. Your smile falter a bit when he held his hand out for you to shake. Physical contact wasn't your strong point, you never liked the feeling of others touching you especially ones with large amounts of body heat like this guy had. Instead of shaking his hand, you opted to nod your head and smile. Ace dropped his hand back to his side as you both soon stood there in awkward silence. 

Soon he gave a slight wave as he started to walk right by you and continued to head on his way. 'Are you really going to let him sleep outside like an animal?'  your subconscious asked you. "I know, but with that pirate still lurking around it might not be safe to take in a random stranger" you whispered. It was once again silent as you didn't need anyone to give you a look of disappointment for letting someone sleep out in the open where anything could happen. "Fine" you sighed breathlessly.