Love or Obsessed - Roronoa Zoro x Reader

The first time you had seen him was at the county fair. It had been around eight at night as you and your friends were patiently waiting for the singer of that day to take the stage and perform for the night. Your group was all gathered up around one another in your own little circle, loudly chatting and discussing the events that had taken place that day. You, of course, had eventually wandered off to one of the food stands—stomach growling and demanding that you feed it. As you walked, you seemed to be lost in thought over what to get before flinching as you suddenly bumped into a strong chest that caused you to stumble backward. Of course, you ended up losing your footing and quickly braced yourself for the impact...but it never came as you soon felt an arm wrap around your waist, saving you from hitting the ground.

Looking into the eyes of the stranger you had run into; you were instantly taken aback by the unique steel color that they were. The man wasted no time in helping straighten you out, his hands not lingering any longer than they needed to. Once properly back on your feet, you took a moment to examine the man before you, holding back from making a comment about the color of his hair that reminded you of the grass beneath your feet.

"You alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, sorry about bumping into you" you apologized before blushing in embarrassment as you looked elsewhere. "I, uh, wasn't really paying attention to where I was going" you admitted with a sheepish smile.

"It's alright, the name's Zoro" he shrugged before offering his hand for you to take.

"[Your Name]" you instantly responded back, taking hold of the hand he offered you and giving it a firm shake. You both chatted with one another for about two hours, laughing and exchanging numbers before you fully left to meet back up with your friends. When you left, you didn't really take much notice to the sad expression that crossed Zoro's face as he watched you leave. For a few weeks, you and your new friend texted one another as your other friends would every now and again tease you whenever they saw you on your phone. Joking that you had a crush on your new friend.

But, that wasn't the case as to you the messages between you and Zoro were nothing more than friendly chatter to your twos ever-growing friendship. But, to Zoro that wasn't the case. Even though he rarely saw you face to face, he slowly seemed to become infatuated with your conversations and the pictures you would both send to one another. He simply craved the desire to see you again, the desire to hold you and keep you close. The more he thought of you, the more obsessed he seemed to become, and it wasn't long before he just couldn't take it anymore—he just had to see you.

And that's exactly when it started, that feeling of constantly being watched every time you left your home or whenever you talked to Zoro that feeling of someone watching you would arise. Even when you were asleep you would sometime wake up in a cold sweat with the feeling that something was wrong, but instead of facing this new dilemma of yours, you chose to instead brush it off to the side and focus your attention on your friends instead.

"So, [Your Name]..." one of your friends scooted closer towards you with a sly smirk pulling onto their lips. "Have you asked him out yet?"

"No, not yet, I plan on asking him before he leaves school today" you couldn't stop the blush that stained your cheeks nor could you stop the shiver that shot down your spine at the sudden feeling of eyes boring into your back. You attempted to ignore the feeling of eyes drilling into the back of your head to instead focus on the current conversation between you and your friends. Which was the topic of your crush—one of the young men at your school. He was a kind soul and someone you had known since elementary school. Of course, your friends had given you a pep talk, telling you how he would return your feelings and you both would end up marrying and having ten kids or more.