Attention - Black Star x Reader

You and Black Star had became fast friends when you had first entered the DWMA. His egotistical and attention-seeking nature amusing you to know end. Your weapon on the other hand disliked the blue haired boy which usually caused the two to fight with one another. Despite these small dispute, you all got along pretty well as you gave the male the attention he seemed to seek. And soon enough, Black Star started to fall for you.

It wasn't until that day, the day he planned on confessing did everything take a dark turn. For a week you seemed to have disappeared out of sight, rarely staying near the blue haired male. It confused and frustrated him as he felt that your attention was now shifted away from him, something he didn't like. He followed after you, hoping that if he confessed you'd go back to normal. That was a big mistake on his part.

The minute he had turned the corner he saw you turn earlier, everything stopped as he felt like his heart had shattered. The reason you had been staying away from him was because you had found yourself attracted to another student at the academy. You wanted to be closer to said student that you found yourself drifting away from your friend. It wasn't a nice thing to do, but then again Black Star's egotistical ways had become less amusing and more of an annoyance. The blue haired male balled his hands up into fist as his eyes started to sting.

Turning on his heel he stomped away from the scene of you hugging the male as you both laughed and spoke with one another in a flirtatious tone. For a few weeks Black Star found himself falling into a state of depression, he couldn't find it in him to care about anything else. Despite his heart being broken by you it still yearned for your attention and only yours. He didn't care about anyone else, just you. Soon that depressive state started to melt away and left behind a much more possessive one.

You started to feel uncomfortable and always ended up looking behind you no matter what. Even when there was nothing there it always did feel like someone was watching you. You told your boyfriend about this strange feeling and of course he waved it off. Telling you it was just your imagination as there was nothing there. Why should you be afraid?

The students in the school all seemed somewhat friendly and the teachers barely had anything wrong with them...barely being the keyword. The only real threat any of you have to worry about was Medusa, but it's been awhile since anyone's heard anything from her. With one last look backwards you shrugged your shoulders and took your lover's advise that it was your imagination. Maybe it was due to your stress as of late with the fight between your weapon and you. Beside the feeling of being watched, things started disappearing around yours and your weapon's shared apartment.

It was mostly your things that were disappearing and most of them were clothes, very important clothes. It was natural that you'd jump to conclusions and accuse your weapon of taking them. He was a teenage male and hormones were not out of the question. He denied everything you said, snapping at you for even daring to accuse him. The tension in the apartment the past few weeks were high and it was affecting you both badly.

The day progressed like normal, but that feeling of being watched was still there whether it was in class or walking through the school. It always felt like there were eyes boring into your back. This feeling stuck with you for three whole months before the disappearances started. First it was your boyfriend, then it was your friends, and lastly it was your weapon. One by one they all disappeared.

No one knew what happened to them or who took them, but that didn't stop the multiple search teams sent out to find them. Soon it became chaotic as people were accusing one another, some blurting out nonsense as to why the accused would do such a thing until finally the academy had put everyone on break. Lord Death stating that until the missing students were found there would be no school in the meantime. You didn't like being alone, you didn't like feeling like you were being stalked, you didn't like any of this. You wanted comfort and sadly you knew only one person who would be able to give it to you.

You bit your bottom lip as your dialed Black Star's phone number into your phone before pressing it against your ear. You listened to how it ringed, feeling slightly guilty as you knew he would be angry with you for how you just up and ditched him for someone else. Strangely enough though he seemed almost happy when he answered the phone. You both chatted for a bit, granted it was awkward but eventually you told him your reasoning for calling. You expected him to laugh and hang up on you but instead he gently agreed to come over.

An hour hadn't even passed before he appeared at your apartment door, which was strange due to him living on the other side of town. You didn't question it as you stepped aside and let him in, making sure to tightly shut the door and lock it before heading into the living room where Black Star had already taken a seat on the couch. He smiled innocently up at you while patting the empty seat beside you. You hesitated, something seemed very off about him but you didn't know what it was. Sitting down you made sure to keep some distances between you two as you both sat in awkward silence, neither of you knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry" you said, sighing as you looked down.

"Hm?" Black Star hummed as he leaned back against the couch and looked towards you.

"I said I'm sorry, for abandoning you and all that. It was kind of a dick move on my part, I should have been up front with you instead of leaving you behind. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me" you said, looking towards him with a small smile. That smile soon started to deflate as you watched him smirk while a dark look gleamed in his eyes.

"Well I guess I could forgive you" he said, before in a blink of an eye he had you pinned down onto the couch. His face inches away from your own as his hand wrapped itself around your neck. Your breath hitched in your throat as he gently brushed his lips against your own while a look of possessiveness took over his features. "If you promise to pay attention to me and only me" he breathed out causing you to shiver.

"W-what?" you asked, your voice shaking as you shivered.

"For someone that's the top of our class you're not very smart. Simply I want you to pay attention to me, but instead you only wanted to pay attention to that worthless piece of garbage" Black Star growled out, catching you by surprise. He may have been egotistical but he rarely ever insulted another person. This wasn't the person you had met when you first moved here, this was some possessive monster. "That's why I had to get rid of him and all the others, you were only paying attention to them. But what about me? Did my feelings mean nothing?!" he asked, his voice raising a little near the end.

You gasped as he tightened his grip on your throat, causing your hands to shoot up and grab hold of his arm. "Stop, c-can't breath" you chocked out, your body struggling the more he tightened his grip. You dragged your nails down his tanned arms, leaving scratch marks in their wake.

"Though it doesn't really matter if you choose to agree to my terms or not, you won't be seeing another person for the rest of your life" Black Star said, mostly speaking to himself as he ignored your pleas for air. Smiling widely he finally loosen his grip on you, chuckling as you gulped down the air around you greedily while clutching your now bruising throat. Before you could open your mouth to scream, the blue haired male smashed his lips down onto your own in a rough, sloppy kiss. Black Star hummed to himself, pleased as he pulled away. "I love you" he whispered before striking a certain pressure point on your body.

Your body grew stiff as your vision faded out, before you fully fell unconscious the last thing you felt was being lifted up off your couch.