My Favorite Jewel - Akefia x Reader

You were the princess of a neighboring country and the fiancée of Pharaoh Atem, the man your parents had arranged for you to marry and currently had you living with. He was a kind young man to say the least and you weren't sour about the marriage between the two of you, you were neutral about it really. Your life in Egypt was relatively peaceful...or it had been until the day you had accidentally run into him—a man who was nothing more than a common thief. His body easily towered over your own and his white hair seemed to just fall in waves down to his shoulders, but the most striking feature of his that really drew your attention right away were those vibrant violet eyes of his, the right one painfully having a scar running right down it. Upon your first meeting with him, he had hatefully sneered at you and despite you wishing to get along with the commoners of this country, you were never one to allow someone to disrespect or scare you and so you found yourself baring your teeth and snarling right back at the thief.

Your actions seemed to just catch him off guard while also simultaneously piquing his interest. From that day forward, you found yourself constantly running into the thief anytime you were outside of the palace to the point that it just became a daily routine to meet and speak with him...though he seemed adamant to clarify that you twos meetings were nothing more than pleasant coincidence, meager accidents that meant nothing. Even so, you found yourself enjoying the small talk you'd have with the thief, but at the same time you always made sure to keep your distance—knowing and understanding that for someone of your status to get too close to such a man would be dangerous. You never bothered to tell the pharaoh of your run-ins with the man, but that didn't stop him from constantly reminding you to be wary of the thieves that lurked around, always making sure to inform you that even the prettiest and charming of thieves were just as dangerous as the others. You knew he'd only be disappointed in you if you were to tell him of your new "friend" and thus you kept silent and decided to keep your little meetings with the thief a secret.

It wasn't long before you discovered that the thief's name was Akefia and when you had finally discovered his name, you felt it only right to give him yours while also making sure to leave out the part about you being a princess. But despite your best efforts to keep your social status a secret from the thief, something in the back of your mind told you that he was already aware of that little detail. After two months of speaking had come and gone, you slowly started to become aware of a sudden change in the man that you had in a way befriended. You became aware of how tense he always seemed to be, how he was always hovering too close for comfort, or grabbing at you in ways that seemed almost possessive and frightening. This sudden change in him made you feel uneasy and practically scared as you'd watch how he'd growl and sneer at the villagers whose eyes would curiously wander in your twos direction.

"[Your Name]" Akefia called out as he made his way towards you the moment he spotted you leaned back against the palace walls, your gaze focused on the vast desert before you as you watched how the sun was slowly beginning to set and take it's warmth away along with it. You only hummed in response to let him know you had heard him, seemingly still lost in your own thoughts as you began to think about the wedding that was scheduled to take place next week. Soon the pharaoh and you would be married, and your countries would be joined together in peace. Curiously peering over to the thief beside you who had suddenly gone silent, you tilted your head as you were quick to become aware of both his tensed posture and the way he seemed to just intensely glare down at you as if he was lost in thought. But before you could question him, he suddenly grabbed hold of your hands—holding them both in such a gentle manner as he lifted them up and locked eyes with you.

"I have something to confess" he said as you were taken aback by the light pink color that dusted over his cheeks before he suddenly growled in slight embarrassment as if that would help him in composing himself. "I...I like you and I would greatly love it if you were to become my Thief Queen" he suddenly confessed, a hopeful look in his eyes that slowly started to die away as an unsettling silence settled between the both of you the longer you stood there and stared at him.

"I'm sorry, Akefia" you apologized with the shake of your head, carefully removing your hands from his grip, and taking a few steps back and away from him—eyes darting downwards as you couldn't really bring yourself to see the heartbroken expression he was certainly wearing. "But, I'm already betrothed to someone else."

"What?" his voice was cold and devoid of emotions, his body already beginning to shake with unbridled rage as his eye began to twitch. You flinched at his tone but dare not look his way as instead, you continued to back away from him. Slowly working your way back towards the front of the palace were you knew two guards were currently stationed.

"I'm sorry" you apologized once again. "My family...my family has arranged for the pharaoh and me to marry, our wedding is a week from now" you softly explained before turning around and briskly walking away from the man. Akefia waited until you were fully out of sight before he let out his anger, angrily striking the stone wall beside him, and ignoring the painful throb that shot up his arm as he did so—he barely even reacted to the blood that seeped down from his knuckles. Heavily panting, he clenched his jaw in utter frustration the longer he stood there and absorbed this new information you had relayed to him before suddenly he calmed down. His lips curling up into a smirk, lowly chuckling to himself as a brilliant idea suddenly crossed his mind.

-Later That Night-

Softly groaning, you began to stir awake the moment you heard the muffled shouts of the palace guards as they rushed passed your room which caused your brows to furrow in confusion.

"Quickly, we must hurry!" you heard one of them shout as you slowly stood from your bed and made your way to the door, barely pulling it open just enough to allow yourself to peer out into the halls were you watched as all of the guards seemed to frantically rush down and around the corner at the end of the hall until all was finally silent.

"What's this all about?" you tiredly asked, attempting to rub the sleep from your eyes as you firmly shut the door and turned around, ready to just head back onto bed and wait until morning to get your answers. Though you froze in place the minute you saw that your balcony doors were wide open, allowing a cool breeze to blow into your room which slowly blew your curtains about. Peering at them, you felt a sense of unease wash over you as you hesitantly shuffled your way towards the open doors, silently telling yourself that you must have left them open by accident before heading off to bed...though you were certain that they had been firmly shut the entire day. Once they were shut, you backed up a little and comfortably wrapped your arms around yourself, gaze peering all around you as the only source of light you had at the moment was the moon which barely even shined into your room to begin with. You couldn't help but sigh a little in relief when you saw that nothing was out of place, but that relief soon disappeared as your body tensed up the moment you felt a strong pair of arms wrap around your waist.

"W-what?" you sputtered out in disbelief, head quick to swirl around so that you could peer back at your intruder, only to be baffled by the sight of Akefia's violet eyes locking onto your own [Eye Color] ones. "Akefia...what are you doing here?" you softly asked, shivering at the look in his eyes—at the dark and possessive emotions which swirled around inside them.

"Shh" he softly hushed you as his grip on your seemed to only tighten. "Don't you worry, my darling, I'm here to save you."

"Save me? What do you mean—save me from what?" you frowned confounded by his words before your nose twitched as you finally became aware of the strong metallic scent that seemed to just seep off of him. Looking at him closer, you paled as your stomach slowly began to churn the moment you finally spotted the blood that stained his skin. "Wha...why a-are you...are you covered in b-blood?" your voice shook as you forced the question from your mouth, not sure if you wanted to know the answer or not.

"Oh this?" Akefia questioned before chuckling. "I had a few run-ins with the guards on my way here, they tried to keep me out, but I showed them" he admitted with a prideful grin. "Now, my dear, get some rest—we have a long journey a head of us" he whispered close to your ear.

"Wha—" you groaned at the sharp pain that suddenly blossomed from the side of your head the minute it was struck, your vision already beginning to fade as your body went lax and slumped forward into the thief's arms.

"You're more precious than any jewel I have ever laid eyes upon, in fact, you'll be my most favorite jewel in my collection of treasure" Akefia softly admitted as he lifted your stilled body up into his arms. "Don't worry about a thing, I'll make sure that no one ever takes you away from me" he chuckled as he carried you towards the balcony.