Chapter Thirty- Armor Upgrades

Garroth's POV
I left the plaza a few minutes after Aphmau did. I walked past Zane's house and heard him yell. I then heard Aph talk to him. I went over to the door and listened. I needed to make sure Zane didn't try to do anything to Aphmau. I heard him tell Aphmau everything and I later heard Aph walk towards the door. I left the house and leaned against another house. I saw Aphmau come out of the house and walk over to me.

"Hey Garroth." She said, smiling.

"Hey." I looked at the ground. After hearing Zane say that I didn't care about him and that I ignored him, I realized that I was a terrible brother to him. I felt horrible. I saw Aphmau take a step toward me and I looked up.

"You heard what Zane said, didn't you?" She asked and I nodded.

"I never realized that I was ignoring him. I always thought he didn't want anyone to talk to him, so I left him alone. I had no idea he felt that way." I said. She gave me a small smile and kissed my cheek. I smiled at her.

"Relax. I'm sure you were a great brother. Zane will come around and you two will make up. I'm sure of it. Now, why don't we stop talking about this and go check on the village. Ok?" She said.

"Heh, Ok. Let's go." She grabbed my hand and we walked around the village for a while.

Aphmau's POV
"Lady Aphmau." Garroth and I had been talking to Laurance and Dante outside of the guard station. I turned around to see Katelyn.

"Oh, hi Katelyn. Is there something I can help you with?" I asked.

"No, but I just wanted to give you and your guards something as a 'thank you' gift for letting Travis and I stay here." She handed me a big and heavy bag. Laurance took it because I was having trouble holding it.

"You really didn't have to give us anything. We're happy to help others in need." I said.

"No I insist. In the bag are O'Khasis armor. They're brand new. I promise they are the best armor out there." She said.

I turned around and the guys were looking at each other. They all went inside the guard station to change and Katelyn and I talked while we waited for them. They came out a few minutes later and they looked amazing. They looked really uniformed now. Garroth used to be the only guard wearing armor. Laurance and Dante just wore their regular clothes. Now they really looked like my guards.

"Wow, you guys look great!" I said and they smiled.

"Look familiar, Garroth?" Katelyn asked and he laughed.

"Yeah, they do. I didn't think O'Khasis would actually make these." He said and Katelyn smiled.

"Well, they look and work great." She said.

"Why would they look familiar?" Laurance asked.

"Heh, I designed these when I was little. It was just a stupid sketch, but looks like they actually made them." He said. I kissed him on the cheek.

"They look great." I said and he smiled.

I saw Travis running over to us with another bag. Katelyn turned to him.

"TRAVIS! Don't run with the-" Travis ran into her. Dante caught the bag as it fell out of Travis' grip. Travis straightened up and backed out of Katelyn's reach before she hit him. He then turned to us.

"What's up, guys?" He said. Dante stepped forward. They seemed to be good friends.

"Hey Travis. Haven't seen you in a while. How've you been?" He asked.

"Eh. I've been fine. Been just training in the house." He took a step forward and whispered to Dante but everyone could clearly hear it.
"Girls like guys that work out." He stepped back and winked at Katelyn. She punched him in the arm and Travis whimpered.

"So sorry about him. We'll be taking our leave now. Bye." She grabbed Travis by the arm and dragged him away. Dante chuckled.

"He'll never learn, will he?" He asked. I laughed.

"Nope and I don't think he wants to." Garroth said. I smiled at him and he took my hand.

"Score!!!" I turned around and saw Laurance take an emerald sword out of the bag.

"Wow. That's cool." Dante said.

The bag had 5 swords in it. The emerald one, two ruby katanas, and two diamond swords. Laurance, of course, got the emerald sword. Dante wanted the katanas. Garroth and I got diamond swords. They weren't the same.

I left later and went back home to sleep. I heard Zoey reading the boys a story in their room and I went into my room. I lay down on my bed and fell asleep instantly.