Chapter Eighteen- The Southeastern Wolf Tribe

Garroth's POV
We left at dawn with Malachi. I was happy that we were taking him with us, everyone else was too. I was still embarrassed with the way I acted around Aphmau. I didn't even realize I'd said that out loud until she asked me what I said. Uggg, I'm an idiot. I still couldn't believe that if actually told her that I loved her. Any louder and she would've heard. That was too close. When I left her, I went over to Laurance and he asked me what happened. I looked back and saw Aphmau getting up to go tell Malachi that we were taking him. I smiled and turned back to Laurance and told him everything. There was no hiding anything from him, he'd find out somehow.

*Flashback to the Previous Night*
"You seriously need to tell her how you feel." Laurance said.
"Why are you telling me to do it? Don't you like her, too?" I asked.
"Yes, of course I do. I'm helping you because I'm not selfish. You're also my best friend. I want to help you." He replied.
"Heh, thanks Laurance. That means a lot." I said. He smiled.
"No problem, but just warning you now. If you don't tell her soon, then I will not hesitate to take her." He smirked.
"I know. I'll tell her. Just, not right now."
*End of Flashback*

We continued on and only had a few stops on the way. We traveled for about another hour before we saw houses. We got off out horses and crept over to them, hidden by the trees. We spoke in whispers.
"So, what's the plan?" Laurance asked.
"I, um, didn't think that far ahead." Dante replied.
"I thought you had a plan." Laurance said.
"I thought you guys had one." Dante said.
"Oh great." I said. I heard Aphmau giggle quietly and I felt myself blush.
"Hey, um, I can go invisible and scout out the area to see if I can find him." Malachi offered and we all looked at him.
"Malachi, that's genius." Aphmau said, smiling at him.
"I just want to help you guys out to thank you for taking me with you. I'll be back in a bit." He said.
"Ok. Be safe, Malachi." Aphmau said as Malachi disappeared.
"Ok, so now we wait for him to come back." Laurance said, turning around to head back to the horses. Then he suddenly stopped.
"Awesome." He didn't sound excited and we all turned around to see 3 white wolves approaching us.
"Great." I said.

Aphmau's POV
The wolves took us into their village and into a large house. There was a big wolf there who in guessing was the Alpha. We stood in front of him and I heard Dante mumble, "Not again."
"What brings you humans to our territory?" He asked, angrily. I stepped forward.
"I am the Lord of the village of Phoenix Drop. We didn't mean to bother you. We just came for our friend, Logan. If you just handed him over, peacefully, I promise we'll leave immediately." I said. He laughed.
"You think you are going to get off the hook that easily? HA! Guards, bring them to the dungeon!" He boomed and 4 guards came and brought us down to the dungeon. The guys were put in a cell across from me and I was put in with a girl that I didn't know and... LOGAN! I ran over to him. He looked terrible.
"Logan. Are you ok?" I asked him. He looked up and was surprised.
"L-Lord Aphmau? What are you doing here?" He asked. He actually called me, Lord Aphmau without the sarcasm.
"We came here to save you. Donna and Dante told us everything and I came here with Garroth, Laurance, and Dante to come get you." He looked happy.
"So, Donna's ok?" He asked. I smiled.
"Yeah, she's ok. She's resting in the Brightport Wolf Village." I told him. He looked tired.
"Thank Irene. If you don't mind Lord Aphmau, I need to get some rest." He shut his eyes.
"Of course, Logan. Glad you're ok." I left him alone and went over to the other girl who was in the cell with us. She looked at me and smiled.
"Ah, so you know Logan, Dear?" She asked.
"Um, yes. He lives in my village. May I ask who you are?" I asked her.
"Why of course. My name is Lucinda. I'm an apprentice witch. I've been helping Logan here recover but, unfortunately, I can't do much without my familiar. His name is Bigglesworth and he's my owl. I haven't seen him since I was captured." She looked upset. I decided that it was safe to tell her who I was.
"Very nice to meet you, Lucinda. My name is Aphmau and I am the Lord of Phoenix Drop. I came here because a friend of mine told us that Logan was captured and we came to save him. I came here with two of my guards, Garroth and Laurance. I also came with someone who helped my friend escape from here, Dante." I explained.
"Wow, I don't here about Lords leaving their villages to save a villager. That's very kind of you." She said. I smiled.
"Thanks. I try to be a very active and helpful Lord, rather than one that lets their guards do everything." I said.
"Well, it looks like you're doing a great job at it." She said. Suddenly, there was a noise and I turned around and saw Malachi appear. He was also holding a small snow owl.
"Hi Aphmau. Glad I found you. I saw that you guys weren't at the spot where we were when I left and I came to find you. Also, I found this little owl. He was hurt and I wanted to help him." He said. I heard Lucinda squeal with excitement behind me. She rushed over to Malachi and took the owl.
"Oh, Bigglesworth! I missed you so much. Are you ok? Thank you so much little, ghost, child. Um, who are you?" She asked, looking at Malachi. He looked shy. I answered for him.
"Um, this is my son, Malachi." I told her.
"Ok. I've seen weirder relationships. Well, now that I have Bigglesworth, I can get to work on a potion that can get us all out of here." She rushed over to her little 'witch station' and went to work. I turned to Malachi. He was crying.
"Malachi, what's wrong?" I asked him. He looked up at me and smiled.
"Y-You called me y-your son?" He said. I smiled.
"Of course. You're with us now, aren't you?" He gave me a huge smile.
"T-Thank you. I-I'm going to go to sleep now. Being invisible is tiring. Good night....Mom." He said and he went into a corner of the cell and fell asleep. A smile on his face. I smiled and went to sleep too.