Chapter Twenty Five- WAR!

Garroth's POV
I slammed my head against the wall. I'd heard about what happened in Phoenix Drop yesterday and I was angry. O'Khasis and the Shadow Knights were allies and I was positive that either Zane or father had something to do with it. Poor Malachi. I hope he's alright. I looked over at my desk. It had a paper and a pen on it.
"Should I write to them? To make sure everyone's ok?" I wondered. I then shook my head. No, father would see the letter being flown off by a bird and shoot it down. I sighed and sat down on my bed. I heard a knock at my door and mom came in. She shut the door behind her and sat on my bed.
"Are you ok? I heard about what happened to your village. I'm sorry. I'm sure everyone's fine." I looked at the ground. I felt bad acting this way around mom. I make it look like I don't care about her.
"Yeah, I'm sure they are. Laurance and Dante wouldn't let anything happen to Phoenix Drop." I smiled remembering them.
"Why don't you tell me about Phoenix Drop? It might make you feel better." She asked and I looked at her.
"Sure." I said and I told her everything and soon enough, I was feeling better.

Aphmau's POV
Laurance, Dante, and I left my house to go find Nicole. We went over to her house and knocked on the door. She opened.
"Hello Lady Aphmau, Laurance, Dante. Would you like to come in?" She asked and we accepted. We sat at her dining table and explained everything. When we were done, she looked at the floor.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't want Phoenix Drop or anywhere else to suffer because of my actions. I didn't mean to start this. I'm so sorry." She said.
"It's ok, Nicole. We know you didn't mean it. But why didn't you tell us?" I asked her.
"I didn't think it was a big deal." She said.
"Well, we have 3 days to make a decision. Please take your time. We'll leave you alone for now." Laurance said, getting up.
"Thank you." She replied and we all left her house. It was pretty late when we left and I walked home. I stopped by the boys' room before going to bed. I was so worried about Malachi and Phoenix Drop. It took a while but I soon fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to shouting. I got up and ran outside. I saw Laurance there, waiting for me.
"Aphmau. The army is here. It hasn't even been 3 days yet. Zane is at the front of the army and wants to speak with you. Come, follow me." He led me to the gates and there was a huge army there, Zane at the front of it.
"Ah, Lord Aphmau. So sorry to bother you but there's been a slight change in plan. We're here to take Nicole by force. Father does not want to wait anymore and has ordered us to come take her. He also wanted Phoenix Drop destroyed for kidnapping Nicole and his own son, Garroth." He said.
"What!!! We didn't kidnap anyone!!!" I said and he smirked.
"Well, too bad. Also, I just want to destroy Phoenix Drop because I just don't like you guys." He smirked again.
"You monster." I said. How could he?!? Innocent people live here!!!
"Hahaha! I know, now." He turned to the army. "Go find Nicole and bring Phoenix Drop to dust." Immediately, the army rushed through the gates and started attacking. I ran towards the village and started fighting as many guards as I could. Shadow Knights were also fighting. I continued fighting for about 10 more minutes, until an O'Khasis guard got rid of my sword and pushed me against a wall. My sword was too far away and I wouldn't be able to get it even if it was close enough. I shut my eyes. There was nothing I could do. I waited for the guard's sword to stab and kill me. Suddenly, I felt the guard's grip loosen and I heard him drop his sword. I opened my eyes and saw a very familiar diamond sword sticking through him. The guard toppled over and standing right behind him, was Garroth.